New mattresses today on Quest

marinaro44

Standard practice in quality establishments to replace mattresses every 2-3 years. They get a lot of wear and tear and more critically their fire retardance reduces with use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to know, we are on board next month. How are the pillows?

The pillows are king-sized and too large for my preference. They take up too much bed real estate. Each cruise I ask repeately for regular-sized pillow. Sometimes they are found, sometimes none available. They need more.

The pillows are king-sized and too large for my preference. They take up too much bed real estate. Each cruise I ask repeately for regular-sized pillow. Sometimes they are found, sometimes none available. They need more.

I think pillow comfort is subjective, this is good info. I haven't met a king size pillow that I like! ;p Since we are flying Southwest, We may just bring along our own!

I'm curious to know where to look for the Captain's schedule. If I go to the Azamara site Capt Carl is listed for several cruises on the Quest. Is the Azamara site just not updated?

It's not current. Senior officer rotations have been changing frequently with the addition of Pursuit and are likely not final at this time. Carl has left Quest and will focus on the updating of Pursuit.

Standard practice in quality establishments to replace mattresses every 2-3 years. They get a lot of wear and tear and more critically their fire retardance reduces with use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m curious: In these days of fewer smokers, and no smokers inside the cabins on Azamara, is fire retardance of mattresses as much of an issue as it used to be? In the old days when it was more common to smoke in bed, it was vital of course, but does it still matter as much now?

It's not current. Senior officer rotations have been changing frequently with the addition of Pursuit and are likely not final at this time. Carl has left Quest and will focus on the updating of Pursuit.

Just saw on Twitter that Carl was taking Quest through Panama Canal yesterday!!:confused: