Panama Canal Cruise Photos and Blog

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:06 AM.
Ontario
1,073 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Well, I finally finished sorting out the hundreds of photos from our April Cruise on the Eurodam from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego.

Our itinerary is seen below.

If you are interested in hearing about or seeing any of these ports, click on the links below. Enjoy! And feel free to ask any questions.

Part 1 | Aruba and Panama Canal http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca...17-part-1.html

Part 2 | Puntarenas and and Corinto http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca...2-central.html

Part 3 | Guatemala and Huatulco Mexico http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca...ra-part-3.html

Part 4 | Manzanillo, Cabo and San Diego http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca...-4-mexico.html

Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
5,520 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Enjoyed, thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BB
"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me!"
"Is it ignorance or is it apathy? ... I don't know and I don't care!"
S.S. Badger R/T from Manitowoc June 02
272 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Mary,
As our upcoming HAL (Oosterdam) cruise covers five of your ports, I found your blog particularly helpful - and enjoyable. Your photos gave me a real feel for the different places.
Thank you for posting this.
Marion
Ontario
1,073 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by creel5857
great pictures and blog.....what type of cabin did you have and was it nice and accommodating.
We had a VA veranda on deck 8- port side. Yes, it was great. Worked fine for 3 people too. Lots of storage space.
A teen on a pullout blocking the balcony door in the mornings was our only issue

We were on the port side, but I see no real advantage to that over the starboard side.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canada
1,498 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Mary, we are currently doing research for April 2018 cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam covering a similar itinerary, but disembarking in Vancouver. Your blog is such a help understanding the ports. Thoroughly enjoyed the photos and comments. We are also hoping to do most of the ports on our own so found your ideas excellent. Thank you for creating and posting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Baja, Mexico
223 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
MarySB, Thanks for the review. Did you find walking around Corinto safe? The tours our ship are offering do not interest me at all.

Thanks so much
isle of man
887 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Thank you for posting links to your great blog. I really enjoyed it! Great pics.

I have one of those Mexican bobble head turtles here in my office. I never knew they had a purpose! We don't get many earthquakes here on the Isle of Man, but it's good to know that if we ever do I will get a warning!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario
1,073 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by baja mama
MarySB, Thanks for the review. Did you find walking around Corinto safe? The tours our ship are offering do not interest me at all.

Thanks so much
Yes, we absolutely felt safe in Corinto. Around the park and market, there were police and people were friendly. Sales people can be persistent, but will accept a no thank you. People that had a taxi bike ride to the beach also felt safe. But not sure I would venture too far off the beaten track, so to speak.

I definitely thought walking around town and seeing how a typical Nicaraguan town looks and feels was worth while... so it didn't bother us at all that there was not a huge tourist infrastructure here.

Also, we got good prices on local souvenirs.

Let me know if you have any more questions
Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Minnesota
2,224 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I just put down a deposit on a Panama Canal cruise on the Zaandam for next April and was excited to find your blog!

Thanks for the wonderful photos and the detailed information on your ports. We will be visiting many of the same places and I have bookmarked your blog and will refer back to it as I start making plans.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Souvenir Memories...a photo blog of our cruises and other travels.

Norwegian Sun 5/17 Photo Blog of our Alaska Cruise
Norwegian Pride of America 3/16 Photo Blog of our Hawaiian Cruise from San Francisco
Carnival Glory B2B 3/15 Photo Blog of Carnival Glory Cruise
Coral Princess 5/14 Photo Review of Coral Princess to Alaska, Photo Blog of our Alaska Adventure!
Emerald Princess 12/13 Emerald Princess Review with Photos
Carnival Victory 1/12 Victory Review with Photos
Carnival Legend 8/10 Legend Review with Photos
Carnival Freedom 7/09 Freedom Review with Photos
Carnival Victory 8/05 Victory Review
Carnival Paradise 6/04 Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise 6/02