Snuba question at Grand Turk

jrmende63

Hi,

I am interested in doing snuba. I love snorkeling so snuba sounds great. I need to know though, if the regulator that you put into your mouth is latex rubber? I am allergic to Latex and even though I would love to snuba, if that is the case, I can not do it. Can anyone that has Snuba'd before enlighten me? Thanks! Julie

Well incase anyone else has this question, I emailed the cruise center at GT and they asked the Dive shop for me. I can do snuba if I bring my own silicone mouth piece and they will put it on the regulator for me. I got a VERY promt answer from the folks at the cruise center.

Well I was going to answer then saw you answered your own question.

At least you will be able to do it. I don't know if you ever done Snuba before, but you will be with a group maybe 4 or 5 people attached to an air tank. The air hose is approx 10-15 ft long. When I saw it done, I was diving, I noticed the group was not realy moving, just hanging out in the water.

Not sure if that will bother you or not. Just realize you may not see alot do to the group not really moving around like you do with snorkeling. Regardless Enjoy whatever you do.

I just wanted to give you the heads up is all.

If you like SNUBA trying doing a intro to scuba or Discover Scuba. Most cruiselines and/or dive shops offer this.

Archived