Aussie needs help!

fishtaco

Ok I dont quite understand carnival pricing's?

If I choose Past Guest I get a free 2 Cat upgrade

If I choose ES I dont get free upgrade but can get price drops.

So doing a mock booking going for an outside window the end price is the exact same for Past Guest as ES on same same cabin no matter what category I choose:confused:

I have cruised Carnival USA once before and chose ES although the price never went down for me:rolleyes:

Ok I dont quite understand carnival pricing's?

If I choose Past Guest I get a free 2 Cat upgrade

If I choose ES I dont get free upgrade but can get price drops.

So doing a mock booking going for an outside window the end price is the exact same for Past Guest as ES on same same cabin no matter what category I choose:confused:

I have cruised Carnival USA once before and chose ES although the price never went down for me:rolleyes:

All things being equal would do ES in case prices drop. Sometimes they do sometimes they dont.

On the two cruises we have booked in both cases as ES have gotten reductions in cruise fare.

Last one this past Feb ES didnt help.

All things being equal would do ES in case prices drop. Sometimes they do sometimes they dont.

On the two cruises we have booked in both cases as ES have gotten reductions in cruise fare.

Last one this past Feb ES didnt help.

Thanks but what I dont understand is the cost difference between Past Guest an ES prices with final outcome?

If I am Past guest and get "2 cat free upgrade" then why is the ES price for same cat the exact same price as Past Guest at final cost tally :confused:

The price difference is part of Carnivals pricing schemes. Heaven only know how they work, but with ES you are gambling, sometimes at a cost, that prices will drop and you will be eligible to partake of that.

Not sure I want to go down the ES path again lol

Last time I spent a millennium checking prices everyday and arguing with CC Carnival "fan boys" about who deserves which discounts Carnival was offering while ignoring the ES bookers price drops were intended for!:D

Thanks but what I dont understand is the cost difference between Past Guest an ES prices with final outcome?

If I am Past guest and get "2 cat free upgrade" then why is the ES price for same cat the exact same price as Past Guest at final cost tally :confused:

Sometimes the upgrades don't amount to much. In fact I've turned several down. Most of the time it just means a higher floor with the same cabin. If you do ES be sure you understand the conditions.

Sometimes the upgrades don't amount to much. In fact I've turned several down. Most of the time it just means a higher floor with the same cabin. If you do ES be sure you understand the conditions.

on my last cruise, we ended up being able to switch to a balcony guarantee from an inside which ended up costing us very little for the upgrade. However, they do not do upgrades to guarantees anymore on ES even if you are upgrading from a inside or ov to go to a balcony. You can pay for an upgrade if you select a cabin.

On our two cabins we have booked for next month, girls cruise, one cabin is for two and one is for three. Both Balconies on Verandah deck. Booked in February Early Saver. Since then, we have gotten 320 dollars in price drops on each cabin. So between both our cabins we have saved 640 dollars. I don't look for this to continue, as they are working on getting back to the image they used to have. And will not have such a hard time booking. Right now, people still are thinking about Concordia, yes I know it is not Carnival, but is owned by Carnival... and Triumph incidents. They really shouldn't let this stop them from cruising on Carnival. i have always had a great time on their ships! As I have stated in other posts, though, in the fall, which is right around the corner, they are planning on changing the pricing structure to make it easier for people to figure out. Personally I don't have a problem with it... but have been doing this for years. In my opinion, although I could be wrong, I look for early saver to become a thing of the past.

Archived