What's in the Viking Sea Bar?

sonoandrea

My husband and I will set sail on the Viking Sea West Indies Explorer in late October and we are very excited. I was wondering if anyone who has sailed with Viking Ocean (preferably on the Sea or maybe the Star) can tell me what bourbons they have onboard? I appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Thank you for the reply and the picture! Torshavn is the speakeasy-type bar? I feel like we will be spending a lot of time there ;) My husband is really hoping for Woodford Reserve.

Here is (hopefully) a picture of the bar menu from our June, 2016 cruise. There are other bourbons available and there are also premium brands on the Torshavn menu (which I did not photograph).

enhance

Thank you for the reply and the picture! Torshavn is the speakeasy-type bar? I feel like we will be spending a lot of time there ;) My husband is really hoping for Woodford Reserve.

Viking has a very liberal BYO policy, so you could always bring your own bottle. The bar will even hold it for you so you don't have to run back to your room every time you want a drink.

Torshavn is the nightclub; it doesn't open until evening.

In the meantime, there is another way to find out if the Woodford is available on board and that is to ask someone who is currently on board to ask for you. Look for a "live' thread that is actually still live (look for the date of the first post and if it is more than a week old presume they are home now).

Un/fortunately sometimes it changes too. There was NO hendricks gin when we were on the SKY in the Spring. Someone reported recently that it was available during their cruise. My suggestion is that if a specific brand is VERY important to you ....bring it with!!

I had never had Aberlour Scotch and really liked it!!! So you might surprise yourself and find a new favorite!