Bonaire on Christmas Day!

T.O.cruisers

Norwegian Jade will be at the port on Christmas Day. Can anyone let me know what's open/closed that day? Bonaire is a new port for me and I hope I won't miss too much because of a lot of closures. I'm hoping you cruisers can help me out. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, we are on your cruise (and funnily enough, we live an hour east of you!!)

We have been to Bonaire before (Xmas 2016). Nice little port and not overly developed. Last year we went with a snorkel tour in the morning with Woodwind. You see them highly recommended on here and the reviews are all true. Not very expensive and you get a good experience.

This year we have booked a golf cart through http://www.bonairecruisers.com/

Also highly recommended on both this forum and tripadvisor.

They will be offering rentals on Xmas day.

Hope this helps.

Hi there, we are on your cruise (and funnily enough, we live an hour east of you!!)

We have been to Bonaire before (Xmas 2016). Nice little port and not overly developed. Last year we went with a snorkel tour in the morning with Woodwind. You see them highly recommended on here and the reviews are all true. Not very expensive and you get a good experience.

This year we have booked a golf cart through http://www.bonairecruisers.com/

Also highly recommended on both this forum and tripadvisor.

They will be offering rentals on Xmas day.

Hope this helps.

Well hi neighbour

I did book a golf cart but now my partner's adult daughter will be coming with us and I'm told the carts are only for 2 adults and 2 children so we will have to cancel that. I also tried to book the snorkel tour with Woodwind but they are full. I did book the 4 hour ship excursion with the Catamaran tour to Klein. I hear that Bonaire is a snorkelling destination. I was wondering if there are any shops near the pier that might be open Christmas Day.

Have you joined our roll call? We are a group of about 32 now and we have a meet and greet planned on the first sea day. Why don't you register and meet up with us?

We live in Thornhill and are planning to drive down I75; leaving on December 14th.

Hi there T.O Cruiser.

I will look at the roll call and see what the missus thinks! We leave on the 4th as we have another cruise booked out of Tampa with Royal on the 10th. Driving down I-81 with a couple of stops on route.

If memory serves me there are shops just as you get off the ship. Its a pretty simple port though, not a lot of bells and whistles but we felt pretty safe. When we came back from the snorkel trip we wandered west from the ship (left if you are getting off) and there are some bars and then further along there was a craft market set up in a small square. I also noticed that just a bit further west but within walking distance there is a bar called Karel's. If you google map the island, find the cruise dock then look left it will pop up if you zoom in. We noticed it when we did the snorkel tour last year. It extends out into the ocean and looks pretty inviting for a cocktail on Xmas day afternoon!