Couple's Pass Cloud 9 Spa Thermal Suites

RomanceMama

When my DH and I were on Magic in '12 we purchased a Couple's Pass for the Thermal Suites in the Cloud 9 Spa.

Does anyone know if they have this pass on the Dream? I know they have single daily and week long passes. But the couple's pass was a great price for the week.

We will be on the Sept. 11th sailing but aren't booked in a Spa Balcony. I have arthritis and the Thermal Suite was wonderful last time on the Magic.

Yes, Dream also has the Cloud 9 Spa, so they will also have the 2-person weekly passes.

What is the Thermal Suite?

The thermal suite is the term Carnival uses for their fancy saunas in the Cloud 9 Spa, which is only on Splendor, Sunshine, Dream, Magic, Breeze, & Vista. I know that with the 3 Dream class ships, the thermal suite consists of 4 different rooms, each with different temperatures & scents. It is very relaxing. Only people who have purchased a pass or have booked a Cloud 9 Spa room have access.

Most of the ships also have a fancy hot tub, which has a hard-to-pronounce name to it. Sunshine doesn't have that, and I'm not sure about Vista, but the others do. That would also be included if you purchased the pass or booked a Cloud 9 Spa room.

Anyone know what the price for the couple's pass for the thermal suites is?

There are no thermal suites , It's Spa Cabin , You get free use of the spa for the week when you book these cabins , If you are not in a Spa cabin , I believe it is $249.00 a couple for a 7 day cruise

• 6 months later...

I just booked the Couples Pass for $229 for an 8-day on the Vista. For some reason, it says "one guest" next to it, with my name but not my husband-to-be's name. Since there was an individual pass, I'd fully assume that couple was one price for the both of us, but I'm a little concerned it only says my name.

Can someone assuage my fears?

Unfortunately the Vista does not have the thalassotherapy pool. I LOVED it on the Dream, and will miss it on my upcoming Vista cruise [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What?? I didn't know this. I love the thalassotherapy pool. One of the biggest reasons to get a spa pass in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

seeking input here since this is a great group of replies from experience thermal suite users.

how many times would you estimate that you use the thermal suites on a 7 or 8 day cruise?

i am considering buying the couples pass, $229, for our upcoming Vista 8-day cruise. i'm trying to understand the value proposition of use and features/benefits because the Vista does not have the therapy pool which we really liked on the Splendor on a past cruise.

are the thermal suites more than a sauna, the heated chaise and a really good shower? thanks in advance for your feedback.

As someone else mentioned, there is no such thing as a Thermal Suite. We used the Spa everyday . What is a value proposition? If you like spas and can afford it, go for it. My wife hogs the bathroom when getting ready for dinner, so I always take a steam, shower and shave in the spa, it's lovely

As someone else mentioned, there is no such thing as a Thermal Suite. We used the Spa everyday . What is a value proposition? If you like spas and can afford it, go for it. My wife hogs the bathroom when getting ready for dinner, so I always take a steam, shower and shave in the spa, it's lovely

per CCL's webpage: An escape from your escape, immerse yourselves in our Thermal Suite. This haven for relaxation is inspired by traditional Turkish Baths and can be a refuge for self-care or a shared experience. Aromatic steam and sauna grottos, heated chaise lounges, and shower features anchor a journey to relaxation and renewal. Together enjoy a 8-day Thermal Suite experience during your cruise with this couples pass.

As for value proposition, the health club I am a member of has a sauna, steam room, hot tubs, massages, showers and more. Am I buying anything different than what I already experience in my daily life?

As for affording it, I'm sure I can eat ramen for 6 months to save for it (snicker). Thank you for looking out for my wallet. It appreciates your concern.

Unfortunately the Vista does not have the thalassotherapy pool. I LOVED it on the Dream, and will miss it on my upcoming Vista cruise [emoji22]

I just call it the T-Pool.

And the lack of it on the Vista is the reason I won't book a cruise on the Vista.

I am all about the Cloud 9 Spa...the T-Pool, Oriental Steam, Laconium, Aroma Steam and rain shower are absolutely wonderful.

When there is nobody in the T-Pool, I will lay the long ways on the metal bench and use a towel as a pillow and just float..maximum jet/body interaction!

I don't care for the heated loungers as I am pretty tall and lounger contours do not match my body contours....about 10 minutes is the max before I get sore on those. But that is okay as that outer lounger room is not very warm.

Here is video tour;

oh bummer i missed that tt linked from the ship specific page to a generic spa page and my boat does not have a tpool.

i will say, on one of my cruises we went through a major storm that triggered migraines. the spa heated loungers and the tpool were life savers and helped me get back to being myself and enjoying the rest of the cruise. i totally recommend it if your boat has it. so relaxing.

I just watched a video on YouTube and they called it a mineral bath that's different

than a hot tub. I'm happy we booked it for our vista cruise in November. Here's a link to the video

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

thanks for sharing this excellent video. it answered all my questions.

which november vista cruise are you on? we're heading out on nov 4.

I just booked the Couples Pass for $229 for an 8-day on the Vista. For some reason, it says "one guest" next to it, with my name but not my husband-to-be's name. Since there was an individual pass, I'd fully assume that couple was one price for the both of us, but I'm a little concerned it only says my name.

Can someone assuage my fears?

Why would you not call them and ask directly??