• 3 months later...
Food portions are quite small by US standards, but it was good (actually nice not to gain weight on a cruise) and there is only one choice for lunch and dinner on the ship. They were very bad about dietary restrictions.

Can I assume that vegetarians or vegans will not eat well on this ship? Any info or photos on the type of veggie dishes they serve? Will they not do special requests?

• 2 months later...
Can I assume that vegetarians or vegans will not eat well on this ship? Any info or photos on the type of veggie dishes they serve? Will they not do special requests?

Remember this is a freighter, not a cruise ship catering to lots of passengers. I don't remember any 'veggie only' dishes at all but maybe they have them now on the Aranui 5.

Some previous posters suggested disorganization in the excursions department. Too bad tri-lingual Bernard is not there any more. He was great at organizing. Maybe they have found a good replacement in the meantime.

I have a son with lots of allergies and they did prepare special meals for him at every meal. From first hand experience in working with this ship I know they do a great job of catering to special dietary needs as long as it is arranged well in advance and when making the initial reservation. More information is on the FAQ page.

Normand