Video Recorder

babs135

Worth taking? I'd still be carrying a digital camera and my phone, the latter so that I can put pics onto Facebook quickly. Thinking it might be just too much to shlep around. And besides, do people still use them?

I;m just taking my phone camera on my Panama Canal cruise this year. On my Norway cruise 2 years ago I took phone camera/digital camera and video camera. I don't know if I used my video camera at all. Using the other one was cumbersome and it would often tell me it "was exhausted" When looking at quality of photos I couldn't tell the difference. I've got lots of memory on my current phone so video should be fine just with it.

• 1 month later...
Worth taking? I'd still be carrying a digital camera and my phone, the latter so that I can put pics onto Facebook quickly. Thinking it might be just too much to shlep around. And besides, do people still use them?

Hi, I take my video camera on every cruise, but especially on our Panama Canal cruise coming up. It's not large or heavy so that isn't problem. I also take a point and shoot and my wife takes the DSLR. I am concerned that I may not get a good spot on the bow when we are going through the locks, so I have a selfie stick that I will attach the digital movie camera to and hold it up over the people's heads in front of me.

Will