New Forums software

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Report Bugs & Glitches

Report Glitches and Bugs You Find

Please Use New Thread Button

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:09 PM.
Somewhere else, but not here!
804 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by bEwAbG
I consider you telling someone that he doesn't know how to do his job to be rude, yes. Others have reported that they were asked to test before this roll-out. Neither of us know what's going on in the background once they went into production.

Its not rude if indeed they do not know. The admins obviously did not test it adequately enough with so many major things still broken. The point is that it SHOULDN'T be in production until it was fully debugged in test bed. Any decent programmer or admin knows that and knows how to do it correctly.
Somewhere else, but not here!
804 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by DreamflightPat
On the new format I notice it does not have where the members live. Is there a reason for this? It is quite nice to see what part of the world a poster is posting from. Thanks.

RegardsPat

It is right where it always was.
Sweden
1,808 Posts
Joined May 2012
The mobile version is awful.

It looks like this:

" Boards> Ports of Call > Europe
Reload this Page Northern Europe & Baltics "

"Take Our Roll Call Instant Messaging Poll
UPDATED Please Read: Our New Forum Format Has Arrived!"

[new thread]

forum jump

[drop down forum list menu]

"about cruise critics board"

About US FAQ
Privacy Need help?
Site map Guidelines
Advertising Find your roll call
Press Countdown clocks
newsletter search boards
privacy statement

[Threads] [page navigation]

Announcemnets
a whole buch of stickied threads
another whole bunch of stickied threads
Finally here are the regular member created threads.

Way too far from the top of the page to where the actual contents (member created threads start).
You have scroll several screen pages to get to them and I have a fairly large phone.
It is not acceptable to have so much static information at the top of the page,
information to you have to scroll past every time you visit the forum.
As I said before, you absolutely have to provide an option to allow mobile users to switch to desktop mode.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Stockholm advice/info threads:
2016: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312690
2015:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176645
Vale of Glamorgan
3,571 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Have you tried using the app on your phone ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
720 Posts
Joined May 2014
Still cannot emlarge the print like before on my kindle. Very frustrating!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed.....Jewel December 2015

Sailed..RC.. Sovereign of the seas Jan 2000

Sailed...Norwegian Pearl November 2012

Sailed..Norwegian Getaway Sept 2014

Sailed...Norwegian Sky Jan 2015
All over the world
2,095 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
I consider you telling someone that he doesn't know how to do his job to be rude, yes. Others have reported that they were asked to test before this roll-out. Neither of us know what's going on in the background once they went into production.
Having to ask for something to be done twice and it still not being accomplished indicates a lack of knowledge in doing the job or laziness. That is factual. If you consider facts to be rude, that's your problem, not mine. I requested politely, and then a little more forcefully as maybe the folks with the power to do so thought maybe I was kidding.

Better yet, use software that allows a user to delete themselves instead of relying on someone else to do it for them. I can't speak for everyone else but this new software sucks for me, both visually and operation. I didn't say change back or else, I didn't say make everyone else believe what I believe, I said drop me. A pretty simple task which still hasn't been completed.

BTW, medium blue on light blue on white is very difficult for a lot of people that don't have perfect vision. Don't the admin know there are other colors in the spectrum beside shades of blue and white?
Washington, DC
908 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by Computer Nerd
Having to ask for something to be done twice and it still not being accomplished indicates a lack of knowledge in doing the job or laziness. That is factual. If you consider facts to be rude, that's your problem, not mine. I requested politely, and then a little more forcefully as maybe the folks with the power to do so thought maybe I was kidding.

Better yet, use software that allows a user to delete themselves instead of relying on someone else to do it for them. I can't speak for everyone else but this new software sucks for me, both visually and operation. I didn't say change back or else, I didn't say make everyone else believe what I believe, I said drop me. A pretty simple task which still hasn't been completed.

BTW, medium blue on light blue on white is very difficult for a lot of people that don't have perfect vision. Don't the admin know there are other colors in the spectrum beside shades of blue and white?
My comments were not directed to you. To delete your account, I'd suggest sending an email to [email protected] rather than hoping the right person happens to read your post out of thousands.
All over the world
2,095 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
My comments were not directed to you. To delete your account, I'd suggest sending an email to [email protected] rather than hoping the right person happens to read your post out of thousands.
An admin has already read and replied to this thread and therefore get the notifications of posts from it. Notification was sent in the OP to which the admin in question replied. Are you suggesting I have to say "Pretty please with sugar on top?"
Washington, DC
908 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by Computer Nerd
An admin has already read and replied to this thread and therefore get the notifications of posts from it. Notification was sent in the OP to which the admin in question replied. Are you suggesting I have to say "Pretty please with sugar on top?"
I'm suggesting you're being unreasonable in your expectations. You should email them directly.
Tampa area
15,076 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by DreamflightPat
On the new format I notice it does not have where the members live. Is there a reason for this? It is quite nice to see what part of the world a poster is posting from. Thanks.

RegardsPat
Very important. And make CP more prominent rather then buried.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1964 Queen Elizabeth
1966 SS Florida
1980 Tropical
1982 Mardi Gras
1985 Jubilee
1998 Holiday
2002 Pride
2003 Grand Princess
2004 Mariner of the Seas
2006 Miracle Aug. 20
2008 Inspiration
Dec. '08 Glory
Aug. 2009 Inspiration
Feb. '10 Inspiration
2010 Legend
Sept. '10 Inspiration
2010 Inspiration
Sept. '11 Legend
November '11 Inspiration
Sept. '12 Legend
November '12 Legend
March '13 Legend
June '13 Miracle Alaska!
October '13 Legend Halloween Cruise
January '14 Paradise
April '14 Legend
Nov. 16, 2014 Pride
March 1, 2015 Pride
August 31, 2015 Paradise
November 28, 2015 Westerdam
April 2016 Sunshine
September 3, 2016 Paradise
October 22, 2016 Magic
November 18, 2016 Oosterdam
January 15, 2017 Pride
April 1, 2017 Magic

Paradise September 11, 2017
Paradise September 16, 2017
November 11, 2017 Magic

April 29, 2018 Magic

UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL DR RUTH FOR WHALE TAIL and UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL GUARANTEED PRICE DROPS DROPPER

Sweden
1,808 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by Host Hattie
Have you tried using the app on your phone ?
If you ask me then yes I have previously evaluated TapaTalk for a brief period of time (+1 year ago) but decided that I didn't like it.
It is the same issue with that as with the forum mobile version and the issue is that it is a mobile view version.
Too compact, too scaled down and too zoomed in.

What I want is a simple option to switch to the desktop mode when browsing the forum.
On my computer I still have the older version and it works just fine and the old version's desktop mode also worked just fine when browsing the forum with my phone.

It gave me a good overlook of the forum since the default view was more zoomed out which of course allowed me to see a greater part of the forum in one view. Simply because it was the same version as I have on my computer.

I therefore strongly suggests that you implement a skin that allows users to choose which version (desktop/mobile) and skin they want to use.

The old forum looks isn't pretty but it works really well. The new forum looks pretty but doesn't work that well.

Then as I said, editing time needs to be increased to minimum 60 minutes since 20 minutes is way too short time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Stockholm advice/info threads:
2016: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312690
2015:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176645
All over the world
2,095 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
I'm suggesting you're being unreasonable in your expectations. You should email them directly.
Ah, so asking for something to be done and having an admin actually quote it isn't enough of a notification in your eyes. And in your infinite wisdom you think I'M the one being unreasonable. What a joke.
Southern California
466 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
On my desktop running Windows 10, when I click on the Forum Jump function, the drop down menu appears but it does not send me to the selected forum. It stays on the forum I was on instead. I have to go to the Boards Home and select the forum I want there (each time!!!).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Britannis (Chandris line)1977, Carnival Elation 1998;Carnival Jubilee 2000; Celebrity Mercury 2001; Norwegian Sky 2002; Vision of the Seas 2003; Carnival Legend 2004; HAL Westerdam 2005; Norwegian Star 2006; Carnival Conquest 2007; HAL Oosterdam 2007; Brilliance of the Seas 2008; Norwegian Jade 2009; Mariner of the Seas 2010; Vision of the Seas 2011 (B2B);HAL Oosterdam 2011; Voyager of the Seas 2012;Celebrity Solstice 2012; Celebrity Solstice 2013; Brilliance of the Seas 2014; Celebrity Solstice 2015; Liberty of the Seas 2016; Explorer of the Seas 2016;Serenade of the Seas 2017; HAL Oosterdam 2018; Liberty of the Seas 2018; HAL Koningsdam 2018