Question on Huahine itinerary

doug52

Ok, so I have been reading the various reviews and am inclined to book my Wife and I on Marc's combo tour for Huahine. However, I also want to be back in time for the Moonfish filleting they will be doing on the PG. I read one review where the OP said the tour got back late and she missed the local dancers and most of the Moonfish demo. Is the Moonfish demo always at a specific time after the local dancers?

So, to be safe, should I just book a half day 4 x 4 excursion or based on your experience would I probably be ok booking Marc's excursion and get back to the ship in time?:confused:

Thanks,

Doug

We did the combo tour in July. We did get back for the moonfish demo and the local dancers. Towards the end of the tour you end up on the motu where they have a picnic. We joined the large group that was doing the lagoon tour. We told our guide that we wanted to be back at 3 and they took us back, no problem. I could see where it could be an issue if they want to keep everyone together.

We've been on a tour by Marc 4 now 5 times. His earlier tours used to focus a lot on snorkeling which we loved. Now the lagoon tour is just that, a tour of the lagoon by boat. He stops at the overwater pearl farm and then usually 1 place for snorkeling. You can also snorkel at the motu. All this being said if you have your heart set on getting back to the ship "early" I would do the 1/2 day tour as you are not really missing a lot by not going to the motu.

We did the combo tour in July. We did get back for the moonfish demo and the local dancers. Towards the end of the tour you end up on the motu where they have a picnic. We joined the large group that was doing the lagoon tour. We told our guide that we wanted to be back at 3 and they took us back, no problem. I could see where it could be an issue if they want to keep everyone together.

We've been on a tour by Marc 4 now 5 times. His earlier tours used to focus a lot on snorkeling which we loved. Now the lagoon tour is just that, a tour of the lagoon by boat. He stops at the overwater pearl farm and then usually 1 place for snorkeling. You can also snorkel at the motu. All this being said if you have your heart set on getting back to the ship "early" I would do the 1/2 day tour as you are not really missing a lot by not going to the motu.

Thanks for the input!

Doug