Report Bugs & Glitches

Report Glitches and Bugs You Find

Please Use New Thread Button

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:50 PM.
#1
United States
53 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
As of a couple days ago there is an ad (for me its a video ad from Toyota) that are on the right side of the page while viewing the forums that are forcing the page to scroll back up to it. As I scroll down to go through the forum messages these ads are forcing the thread to go back up to the ad. This makes it almost impossible to scroll through the forums and I'm about ready to cease doing so as it is extremely frustrating!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eric

#3
Olympia WA
231 Posts
Joined May 2015
Originally posted by Blauelini
As of a couple days ago there is an ad (for me its a video ad from Toyota) that are on the right side of the page while viewing the forums that are forcing the page to scroll back up to it. As I scroll down to go through the forum messages these ads are forcing the thread to go back up to the ad. This makes it almost impossible to scroll through the forums and I'm about ready to cease doing so as it is extremely frustrating!
I had a very similar problem today in my Chrome Browser. There were two video ads: one on the side, near the beginning of a thread, and one near the end of the page. I simply could not read a long post that was very interesting, because the page kept bouncing to the end and back. When I went to read the problematic thread in Internet Explorer, I did not have the problem.

I have been avoiding installing adblocker because I hate loading 3rd party software. I realize that I should be avoiding Internet Explorer too--but sometimes it is the only solution for me.
#4
1,977 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I'm having exactly the same issue with Firefox, when there are the small video ads on the top and bottom banners it becomes impossible to read the forum as the focus is being taken by each ad in turn making scrolling impossible.

I have no desire to turn on an ad blocker but I'm not being left with much of a choice here...
#5
Olympia WA
231 Posts
Joined May 2015
Originally posted by Mark_T
I'm having exactly the same issue with Firefox, when there are the small video ads on the top and bottom banners it becomes impossible to read the forum as the focus is being taken by each ad in turn making scrolling impossible.

I have no desire to turn on an ad blocker but I'm not being left with much of a choice here...
After going away for about a week, the problem came back yesterday. I could not see the list of threads in the NCL sub-forum, because the screen kept bouncing back and forth between the two animated video ads. So, the problem is rare but a real show-stopper when it occurs.
#7
Olympia WA
231 Posts
Joined May 2015
Originally posted by Blauelini
Admin of this board cannot do anything about it?
I haven't tried to contact anyone, because it is an infrequent problem, and I have a workaround: if necessary, I open the forum in Internet Explorer.
#8
KY
1,063 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by crayola1932
I haven't tried to contact anyone, because it is an infrequent problem, and I have a workaround: if necessary, I open the forum in Internet Explorer.

It's happening in IE and Firefox -- Very annoying. I thought this was the thread for reporting to admins????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gail
_________________________________________
Next: NCL Escape Jan 18, Carnival Breeze Nov 18, Celebrity Edge Jan 19

Past Cruises:
RCI: Independence x3, Freedom x 2, Liberty, Explorer x 2, Oasis, Allure x 2, Majesty
NCL: Jade, Escape
Carnival: Pride, Conquest, Legend, Vista, Mardi Gras
Princess: Grand Princess, Star Princess
Cunard: QE2
Renaissance: IV


#9
Mechanicsville, VA
344 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Right now this site is almost unusable, very sad,
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Frank Rohrback

CarlaCosta - 1987; NCL Norway - 2002; NCL Dream - 2003 Baltic Cruise
NCL Crown - 2004 Bermuda Cruise; Caribbean Princess - 2005
Caribbean Princess - 2006; Celebrity Equinox - 2016; NCL Dawn - 2017
Celebrity Equinox - 2018