3 Ships at HMC -- March 12!!!

Krazy Kruizers

I mentioned a few posts back that the Carnival ships scheduled for HMC on the same day would be assigned to another port.

Quite true and your thoughts were prophetic. I still wonder the effect of two fairly large HAL ships on the island. :)

Edited by joepeka

I have mentioned this on other threads.

For us -- terrible!!

One ship is assigned the island's bigger tenders sometimes while the other ships uses their own tenders. We have also experienced where each Signature ship was assigned 1 larger tender and still had to use a couple of their own tenders.

Line were long for the BBQ -- mobbed at the bars.

The bar staff were over-whelmed as they have to hand write all receipts -- no computers. And if you have a Signature Beverage package -- you can not use it on the island. If you have bought any Beverage Cards -- they also can not be used on HMC.

One ship is assigned to supply the food and the other ship supplies the alcohol.

If it is a good weather day -- the beach is crowded.

Earlier this year we were at HMC on the Koningsdam along with the Nieuw Amsterdam. We used the island tenders and NA used ship tenders. Didn't seem overly crowded to me and we didn't have crazy lines for the BBQ, etc. Still got the cabana we wanted and there was plenty of open beach space further down as is always the case. I wouldn't be concerned at all about two ships at HMC, and honestly three wouldn't have dissuaded me from going ashore either. Although tendering would definitely get "interesting".

Earlier this year we were at HMC on the Koningsdam along with the Nieuw Amsterdam. We used the island tenders and NA used ship tenders. Didn't seem overly crowded to me and we didn't have crazy lines for the BBQ, etc. Still got the cabana we wanted and there was plenty of open beach space further down as is always the case. I wouldn't be concerned at all about two ships at HMC, and honestly three wouldn't have dissuaded me from going ashore either. Although tendering would definitely get "interesting".

We have been at HMC on a Vista ship and with another Vista I think r we were also there on a Visa and a Pinnacle joined us.

Vista and Pinnacle. It was crowded but not so awful we wouldn't stay on the beach the beach for a while.

I wasn't happy about the long line and wait to get on a tender back to the ship. Seemed a very long time.