Submarine RIde??

daneyb

I am on the Legend in December and was looking at the excursions on Carnival and I see the 40 person sub adventure. Has anybody done this and was it any fun. It looks neat and a 100 dollars doesnt sound to much for that.. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it??

Thanks

We went down on the Atlantis waaaay back in 1989 on our Honeymoon!

We got a small boat out to sea. It had a canopy to shield us from the sun.

We met the Submarine in the middle of the ocean and then you had to step from one vessel to the other. This scared me the most as they both moved at different times!! lol

You go down a narrow tubie of stairs into the middle of the vessel. There was a bench right along the middle with seating at either side and little round windows. I think it must have only held approx 14-20 people. There were all ages on.

Under the windows there were laminated sheets of fish you may spot. The pilot and mate were up at the front.

First we went down and then along, and sailed around a shipwreck. I was amazed and took loads of photos. However, this was back in the days when some cameras were automatic flash and most came out with just the flash reflecting on the glass - so NO flash!

You could not move around the Sub. It is very small and if you get claustrophobic at all, I'd not recommend it. Also, you can't do this if you are going to be flying soon.

We got little certificates afterwards to say we'd been in a sub.

I'm glad we did it and I would do it again, if it were cheaper, as there are now 4 of us. I'm not sure if I'd fit down the hatch now though ! :o

We went down on the Atlantis waaaay back in 1989 on our Honeymoon!

We got a small boat out to sea. It had a canopy to shield us from the sun.

We met the Submarine in the middle of the ocean and then you had to step from one vessel to the other. This scared me the most as they both moved at different times!! lol

You go down a narrow tubie of stairs into the middle of the vessel. There was a bench right along the middle with seating at either side and little round windows. I think it must have only held approx 14-20 people. There were all ages on.

Under the windows there were laminated sheets of fish you may spot. The pilot and mate were up at the front.

First we went down and then along, and sailed around a shipwreck. I was amazed and took loads of photos. However, this was back in the days when some cameras were automatic flash and most came out with just the flash reflecting on the glass - so NO flash!

You could not move around the Sub. It is very small and if you get claustrophobic at all, I'd not recommend it. Also, you can't do this if you are going to be flying soon.

We got little certificates afterwards to say we'd been in a sub.

I'm glad we did it and I would do it again, if it were cheaper, as there are now 4 of us. I'm not sure if I'd fit down the hatch now though ! :o

I did this back in '99 or 2000......I have to say, I saw a lot more sealife on the snorkelling tours but I am still very glad I did it. I might do it again in the Caymans. Hard to see in this pic but the depthfinder shows 136.1FT

Picture_3a.jpg.43bc00afd51028b32868d1cb5e2af536.jpg

we did this about 5 yrs ago in Barbados. Thought it was worth it. I mean how many people do you know who have ever been down in a submarine? That part alone was fun.. We saw a shipwreck, scuba divers, sea turtles, a moray eel and lots of fish. Thought it was worth the money. Not sure I'd do it again, but definitely worth a one-time trip.

Archived