This site seems to be under attack / Problems????

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Report Bugs & Glitches

Report Glitches and Bugs You Find

Please Use New Thread Button

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:25 PM.
USA
2,135 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Maniacal Cruiser
We should not have to load extraneous software on our computers because CC is spamming us with massive amounts of audio/visual ads. The CC team ought to get rid of the obnoxious junk and stop abusing users.
I agree with you about not having to download programs to stop ads. I think cruise critic should stop these ads that play on their own. I cannot even type this without waiting for the cursor to
move.

I do understand the need for making money, but there should be ads that don't mess up users computers.

Three ads that move/have audio are waaayy too many things competing with me trying to use this site.

There are times when I can't even log in!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~ < 〫 )))><~~~~~~ ><((( 〫 >~~~

Carnival: Destiny '02, Imagination '06, Liberty '08, Legend '08
NCL: Pride of Hawai'i '07, Pearl '09, Dawn '09, '10, Spirit '11, '13, Sky '12, Getaway '16, Gem '17
Princess: Crown '14

Itineraries cruised: W., S., E. Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada & New England, Hawai'i, Grand Mediterranean (Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia), Alaska
USA
2,135 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Aulanis
We have been asked to send the Url's of problem adverts to
Laura
Sr. Manager Community
[email protected]
Thank you, Aulanis!

I will try to get that information when they appear and cause problems again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL: Pride of Hawai'i '07, Pearl '09, Dawn '09, '10, Spirit '11, '13, Sky '12, Getaway '16, Gem '17

Itineraries cruised: W., S., E. Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada & New England, Hawai'i, Grand Mediterranean (Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia), Alaska
USA
2,135 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Okay, I'm having problems again . The ads along the right side of the screen are from gadgnews and says Ads by a red triangle on its side. Sometimes there are two of them one above the other and sometimes one of them disappears, sometimes they are just black squares with Ads by the red sideways triangle. Sometimes a moving ring with white lines will circle the center of the boxes then a picture appears.

I have tried to get an URL so I can report the ads for checking, but can't find it by right-clicking. I don't want to click on the ad/s. Is that the way to get the URL?

Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USA
2,135 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Debbie, I hear you. It is getting tough around here...at least for some of us.

I haven't had the problem you're having, at least yet.

Now I'm having an additional problem along with the ads I previously mentioned.

Glad my cruise is coming up soon so I can take a break from Cruise Critic. Maybe the bugs get worked out before I book my next cruise. Fingers crossed!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USA
2,135 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Please, I implore you, do something (preferably get rid of) the gadgnews video (s) join now The latest gadget and technology news from our unique perspective... that appear on the right side of the page. It goes to black screen the loads for a long time then has a cover picture come up then goes to a different ad then comes back up again, black screen, loads for a long time, repeats.

I scanned the thing and over 200 problems with it. I think that is what is causing lag issues when trying to use the Cruise Critic website. I also think the thing is causing heating issues with my new computer too .

Thank you for any consideration of my problem.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature