How does the Roll Call Finder Tool work?

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Report Bugs & Glitches

Report Glitches and Bugs You Find

Please Use New Thread Button

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:31 AM.
#1
Preston UK
1,070 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Please can we have an explanation of how the roll call finder works or doesnt.

From somewhere I picked up on the thought that some were missing because the date was not formatted as MONTH DAY comma YEAR

However I have seen a number of cases where this is perfect yet it is not found by the tool.

YET this thread headed
Sapphire princess 8/18/18-- land of the midnight sun
http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk /showthread.php?t=2428224
Does have a Roll Call that is found
HOW COME ??????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MARELLA DISCOVERY2-10Nov17 Tenerife to Montego Bay

MSC Sinfonia April 2018 Durban - Venice
Golden Princess Sept 23 LA - Sydney
Previous
Vision of the Seas 7 Sep 17 NY- Quebec
Thomson Celebration Malaga to Newcastle 7//5/17
P&O Oceana Southampton to Malta 27 March2017
MSC Poesia24Jan2017 Carib
Thomson Celebration 7Dec2016 Aqaba-Dubai
Legend of the Sea 19Oct16 HK-Brisbane
Emerald Princess 18 Aug16 Norway
HAL Oosterdaam 29May16 Med
Thomson Dream 16Feb16 Carib
HAL Vandaam 6 Dec15 Cape Horn
Carnival Aug30 15 Alaska
HAL Oosterdaam Mar 15 Sydney- Fiji
P&O Ventura 31 Jan15 Carib
Fred Olsen Nov14 Canaries ( Senegal off)
Hurtigruten Nov13 N lights



#2
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Aulanis
Please can we have an explanation of how the roll call finder works or doesnt.

From somewhere I picked up on the thought that some were missing because the date was not formatted as MONTH DAY comma YEAR

However I have seen a number of cases where this is perfect yet it is not found by the tool.

YET this thread headed
Sapphire princess 8/18/18-- land of the midnight sun
http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk /showthread.php?t=2428224
Does have a Roll Call that is found
HOW COME ??????
It's confusing, isn't it?

You know the little sentence at the top of each Roll Call forum that said to set up the date that way? It's not there anymore.

This is the sentence I'm referring to:
When you create a new ROLL CALL, you MUST include a date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format: Month Date Year Example: January 1, 2014.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

#3
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Shmoo here
It's confusing, isn't it?

You know the little sentence at the top of each Roll Call forum that said to set up the date that way? It's not there anymore.

This is the sentence I'm referring to:
When you create a new ROLL CALL, you MUST include a date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format: Month Date Year Example: January 1, 2014.
Annnnnd, now it's back.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

#4
Preston UK
1,070 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Yes, I have seen that, in fact I often quote it when trying to explain to others why their Roll Call is not found by the finder. But then I come across the 8/18/18 example and cant figure out how that has a roll call in the finder (unless a mod has spotted it and done some manual manipulation??
As many dont read the instructions I did suggest to CC a reminder at the point of posting
#5
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Aulanis
Yes, I have seen that, in fact I often quote it when trying to explain to others why their Roll Call is not found by the finder. But then I come across the 8/18/18 example and cant figure out how that has a roll call in the finder (unless a mod has spotted it and done some manual manipulation??
As many dont read the instructions I did suggest to CC a reminder at the point of posting
Yeah, the "instruction" as to how to title the post only shows up on the main Roll Call page for each cruiseline. I think it should be at the top of all those forums.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

#6
Preston UK
1,070 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Here is another crazy example - how was that picked up??
Crown Princess 08-26-2017
http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291760

and another
Viking Sun Roll Call - December 15, 2017
69 members View Roll Call View Discussion
Viking Sun 12/15/17 World Cruise



CC please can we have some explanation
#7
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Aulanis
Here is another crazy example - how was that picked up??
Crown Princess 08-26-2017
http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291760

and another
Viking Sun Roll Call - December 15, 2017
69 members View Roll Call View Discussion
Viking Sun 12/15/17 World Cruise



CC please can we have some explanation
Hmmm..... just had a thought.

Maybe the ones that don't conform to the suggested format were ones that people specifically asked the mods to add?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

#8
Preston UK
1,070 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Possibly, but I asked a mod to change the title of one of my cruises,"so that it would
appear in the roll call finder " the mod changed the title ok but said they didnt know if it would be picked up by the finder ??? and it has not been and that was weeks ago maybe even longer.
#10
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Aulanis
16 th April 2019 Golden princess nz to Vancouver 22 days


Also picked up by the RCFT
It looks like we're going to get an answer.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

#12
SoCal
10,147 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Aulanis
Answer? Wondering if CC understand the question
Sorry, that was supposed to say "Looks like we're NOT going to get an answer".
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights