captains cocktail party

loobylouuk

Just be aware--it's only 1/2 an hour!!!

We got there 5 minutes before they were done--I had no idea what to expect and figured we'd go there for about 1/2 hour before dinner.........it didn't work....

They were still great and gave us each a drink!

Yes, the drinks are free on Princess; however, they are generally pretty watered down. (IMHO.) Of course. if you drink wine, this doesn't apply. The party area is really crowded and usually hot from the combined body heat of the large number of people attending, especially at the Captains' welcome party. The formal wear doesn't help the temperature problem either. ;)

The number of drinks you might get has a lot to do, with your position in the room. I noticed that if you are seated off to the sides, you'll not get to many drinks, as the servers are ambushed, as they leave the bar with them.

The Champagne waterfall night, is also crowded; however, there is no shortage of champagne, the servers are all over the place and there is plenty for all!

It is especially important at the Captains' welcome party, to be there a little early or at least on time, because as stated here, it doesn't last all that long.

The number of drinks you might get has a lot to do, with your position in the room. I noticed that if you are seated off to the sides, you'll not get to many drinks, as the servers are ambushed, as they leave the bar with them.

We came a few minutes after it started this last time (had to wait until kids' area opened and then come down to the lounge). No line, unlike the previous cruise which had a long line. So we ended sitting on the side. The waiters seemed to stay in the middle. I finally caught one waiter's eye when he came in the general direction and we got one (and only one) drink.

During the Captain's Gala party, the waiters walked around with trays in the Grand Atrium and basically ignored me. So I almost tackled one waiter (more like, I waited for one to stop moving and asked what drink is that and then grabbed it).

At the Champagne waterfall though, a waiter walking by, stopped and offered me a glass.

Archived