Departure flight on last day of cruise

sleepbestonships

Currently, I have us scheduled for an 8:30 pm flight out of Miami after a 4 night cruise on the Norewegian Sky. But- knowing how we usually feel at the end of vacations, we will likely feel frustrated by just "hanging out" with our luggage some place in Miami (or the airport) for so long.

There is an 11:15 a.m. flight that I could switch to. Would it be pushing it or risking problems with making the flight? We will be self-disembarking with only carry-on luggage. This will be a Friday morning from POM to Miami International. We have TSA pre-check.

I feel your pain of waiting at the airport.....I would book that flight, as long as everything goes well, you should have no issues.....My sister was able to make an 11:30 am flight after her cruise on a Saturday out of Ft. Lauderdale, just do the self-dismebarkation, grab a cab to the airport and you should be all set.

Enjoy your cruise.

To avoid starting a similar thread, I hope you don't mind me following up with a little different details. We will be disembarking from Allure of the Seas on a Sunday morning in POM, and I am looking at a flight at the same time as OP, but from FLL. I feel like it should be okay based on my experience with self assist on the Oasis class ships, but others in my party are skeptical. Am I crazy, or should this be okay? I understand there are no guarantees!

Should be fine. But truth be told, nobody knows since there is no Oasis-class in Miami yet. I can't imagine it being much different though. I would book that flight. Get off with self-assist and head straight to the airport. It's a short drive on a Sunday morning. 30 - 35 minutes.

When I last disembarked Escape at PortMiami, I was home before 8AM and I95 was shut down for a major accident. So that's even with having to take an alternate route and Escape debarks later than Allure traditionally does. I live further than Fort Lauderdale airport from PM.

To avoid starting a similar thread, I hope you don't mind me following up with a little different details. We will be disembarking from Allure of the Seas on a Sunday morning in POM, and I am looking at a flight at the same time as OP, but from FLL. I feel like it should be okay based on my experience with self assist on the Oasis class ships, but others in my party are skeptical. Am I crazy, or should this be okay? I understand there are no guarantees!

I say 12:00pm is better for FLL. But if you are confident you will be off the ship by say 8:00 a.m. (you should be) then I don't see an issue. Drive to FLL is about 35-45mins from POM. Even if you don't get a car until 8:45 still gives you time.

Though if this is on a Saturday/Sunday FLL is CRAZY busy. So you will want to be out as earlier as possible.