Wearing glasses on i-fly?

Labmom3

I am planning on going on the I-fly during our cruise but my husband has no desire to do this. I wear glasses and cannot see without them, very bad eyesight. Does anyone know can I wear my glasses under the googles they give you to wear or is there a place I can put my glasses prior to going into the tube? I wonder what others with poor eyesight have done. Thanks

I have not seen anyone wear glasses - they would likely not fit under the goggles provided. There are small cubicles in the dressing area where you can leave stuff. All you need to see is two fingers of a hand about 1 foot in front of your face.

Agree with Biker19. There would be no room under the goggles they provide for glasses. You also need to remove any jewelry and be sure to wear tie shoes. The wind tunnel is really strong and jewelry could hit you in the face or come off and go thru the top. It is a blast and you will really enjoy the experience.

I am planning on going on the I-fly during our cruise but my husband has no desire to do this. I wear glasses and cannot see without them, very bad eyesight. Does anyone know can I wear my glasses under the googles they give you to wear or is there a place I can put my glasses prior to going into the tube? I wonder what others with poor eyesight have done. Thanks

No glasses. I have bad eyesight also, and you will get the instructions to look straight ahead. I was more interested in looking ahead that I did not need the glasses. I ahd the goggles indentation around my eyes for at least 3 days.:D

I wore my glasses under my goggles on the Anthem. Guide said there would be no problem just to make sure my goggles were nice and tight. Only problem was as soon as my session started my glasses moved up and stayed that way the entire time preventing me from seeing a thing. I still loved it but so wish my glasses had stayed in place.

If you choose to wear your glasses just have the Guide check them under your goggles to make sure he feels you have them on correctly.

They have cubbys to put all your stuff while you are getting the flight suit on, but reccomend you take jewelry off before heading to your appointment. Some people did wear glasses on Anthem during our flight. Wife took hers off since the flexible goggles they supply are pushed tightly against your head and glasses get in the way.

She did NOT want to try it but enjoyed it when I insisted she go with me. And she had no problems getting into a stable flying position. We only had one person chicken out in the tube. Six year old got into good position and then decided he wanted out now. And we had a five year old the instructor had flying around him like Superman. Natural flyer made us all look bad.

Do have friends outside (or ask one of the folks standing there) to take pictures. Angle is better than the ship photographer has. You are in the tube waiting area about 15 minutes but the flight is only one minute each.

I am blind as a bat without my glasses and did I-Fly on Anthem this past May. They gave me goggles that would fit over my glasses. Wasn't a issue at all. The staff were excellent getting everyone outfitted and going over the procedures and hand signals. It is very much worth doing. I had a blast.