Freedom class aft cabins? PLEASE HELP

We are booked on the Independence of the Seas on deck 10 in a JS, I'm worried that we may encounter diesel soot and would not want to breath it in for a week. Considering moving to the portside midship same deck in front of the ships stack. Is the aft really worth the hype vs. side. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thankyou

we just got of the FOS and had 1404 and 1406. One being a junior suite on deck 10. There is no soot. There is a roof over the whole patio. The deck was huge. I really did not care about this cabin though because I dont like how u look down at other cabins. There still is some substructure, but all in all the balcony is great.

We are booked on the Independence of the Seas on deck 10 in a JS, I'm worried that we may encounter diesel soot and would not want to breath it in for a week. Considering moving to the portside midship same deck in front of the ships stack. Is the aft really worth the hype vs. side. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thankyou

DW and I have sailed in 2 aft cabins now and have yet to experience the soot problems that others have reported. Either we've been really lucky or our attendants did amazing jobs in keeping things clean :D . I personally love the views an aft cabin provides, as well as the bigger balconies. As such we will ALWAYS book an aft when and wherever possible. Since no one can say you will or won't have a problem with soot, and if balcony size is not an issue, then take a look at a cabin more midship. IMO there isn't much that beats the view from an Aft :)

Warren and Yvonne

Archived