NCL Epic - shade around the pools?

steel1203

hello, I am really pale as is the whole family so shade is important to us!! I was wondering where is the best places to go around the pool/outdoor public areas so that the family can hide out from the sun for a while?? Doing the 7 day from Barcelona and know it is going to be hot hot hot but love to find a shaded spot outdoors!! Appreciate any guidance :)

Edited by steel1203
Typo

There is a deck above the pool deck, which runs down the outside of the ship. This gives a lot of shade on the pool deck. Enough for a couple of rows of chairs.

We don't spend much time on the pool deck, but if we do so then that's where we sit. You are very close to the pool. We have never had any trouble finding places to sit, but others on here have reported having trouble. I assume that's down to the time you are there.

If you head towards Spice from the pool area there are some very comfortable shady sofas on the port side just before you get to the Marketplace, there are more within the Marketplace area also. On our sailing in early June we never had any trouble finding a shady spot.