Can’t believe I didn’t

gamecockinnc

On amother forum they were talking about sea sickness and so many people said they had excellent results with a product called motioneaze. On my next cruise I’m going to try the patch but I’m also going to be taking some of the motioneaze with me. I already have Dramamine on my packing list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was so scared about getting sick on our first cruise in April but I did fine. I took Dramamine twice a day. Just as a precaution and I started it the day before we got on the boat. I also brought a Sea band but didn’t use it. I’ve heard they are better than Dramamine.

I am prone to motion sickness big-time and also sensitive to drugs. For a while I wore a Sea-band BUT was sick as a dog on the open seas to Cozumel. So I tried the patch. A miracle but it made me a little woozy. Now I just cut the patch in half and change every three days. We just had heavy seas coming back from Mexico. I had no problems at all. I put them on about an hour before sailing. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I took ginger candy on my first cruise, not knowing whether or not I would need it. I did not but my roomie did. It worked great and tasted really good. You could always try some before the cruise to see if it is tasty enough. Some people swear by ginger ale so if you can take a bottle, that might help. HTH...

If you opt for the Sea Bands, know that the two in the package are for one person. One band on each hand. I saw many people on our last cruise with one. As mentioned before try Meclizine. You can get it (US) behind the counter at any pharmacy or even on Amazon.com. I got it at Costco pharmacy this year. Much less expensive than Dramamine or Bonnie. I start taking in the morning prior to getting on ship and take each morning regardless of how the seas are. I have never missed out on activities even when we were walking sideways. You might want to read this article about the patch before having your child use it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3971103/

Talk to your doctor about dose for children. The pills that I have got before are able to be cut in half and are chew able. Good luck..

I do the same research as you before calling our TA, but I go a step further and tell her exactly what cabin I want.

This is the first time I haven’t believe it or not. Except for a few times when my parents have cruised with us and my mother requires a accessible cabin. But even then I find out which cabins are open for her then select hers first since they are limited and then select ours.

Again hard lesson learned. [emoji37]

On amother forum they were talking about sea sickness and so many people said they had excellent results with a product called motioneaze. On my next cruise I’m going to try the patch but I’m also going to be taking some of the motioneaze with me. I already have Dramamine on my packing list.

I have seen Motioneaze at stores! I will take a look. Thank you!!!

the granny smith apples in the buffet or gravol ginger liquid gel caplets

I will keep Granny Smith apples and crackers in the cabin. And I always have phenegran with me for issues from a ruptured splenic artery aneurysm, splenectomy and distal pancreatectomy. And I will buy ginger this week. Thank you!

You may want to get the doctor to say if you can mix the patch with Dramamine. I would use both without a pharmacist or doctor saying so

I was wondering about that too. He is so sensitive to any medication that giving him both doesn’t seem like a good idea at all.

I have the Seabands, ginger, non drowsy Dramamine, will pick up the GS apples, crackers and ginger and try those first.

And again not make a big deal out of it. So it doesn’t get in his head. He’s a very active teen so he will be in the gym, up on deck, playing with his little brother, he loves to sit out on the balcony. It will be fine.

If you opt for the Sea Bands, know that the two in the package are for one person. One band on each hand. I saw many people on our last cruise with one. As mentioned before try Meclizine. You can get it (US) behind the counter at any pharmacy or even on Amazon.com. I got it at Costco pharmacy this year. Much less expensive than Dramamine or Bonnie. I start taking in the morning prior to getting on ship and take each morning regardless of how the seas are. I have never missed out on activities even when we were walking sideways. You might want to read this article about the patch before having your child use it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3971103/

Talk to your doctor about dose for children. The pills that I have got before are able to be cut in half and are chew able. Good luck..

Ok, do you wear 2 at once?

The 16 year old might be old enough for Bonine. Ask the pediatrician. Ginger helps with breakthrough, but it’s not enough on its own for me. I carry GinGin chews. Seabands also help. Looking at the horizon helps, as do green apples. Make sure he stays hydrated. But Bonine (Meclizine) is my main seasickness remedy.

The 16 year old might be old enough for Bonine. Ask the pediatrician. Ginger helps with breakthrough, but it’s not enough on its own for me. I carry GinGin chews. Seabands also help. Looking at the horizon helps, as do green apples. Make sure he stays hydrated. But Bonine (Meclizine) is my main seasickness remedy.

Will do! Thank you!!!

I bought Seabands. Does anyone have any experience with Seabands?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.......

Mind over matter. We can go. It will be ok. Hard lesson learned and time for a new TA too.

It must be nice to cruise as much as you do. However, my thought is to keep your TA, especially since you've used them for the past 13 years. Yes, you have taken ownership in your part, however, not excusing the TA, but they busy as well and maybe those were the best cabins available when you booked. Unless they've made major mistakes in the past, I would stick with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would provide and update on cabins 7210 and 7214.

I had posted because I was concerned because our cabins were all the way forward and our middle son suffers from sea sickness.

1. The balcony partitions did open. Not as wide as the Breeze but they did open so we had a nice long balcony.

2. The motion wasn’t too bad. We did have a few windy days and 2 “rough” nights with storms, rain and wind. And the Captain advised everyone to stay inside and take care if outside. But again we didn’t notice anymore motion than mid ship or aft.

In fact I had just sailed on the same ship on the November 11th sailing and stayed on deck 10 forward. And felt a lot more motion 3 decks higher in November.

3. We had the ear patch prescription filled for our middle son and took it with us but he decided not to wear it. Instead he took Dramamine and used Ginger candy. We had 4 ports back to back which put him on land. And he spent a lot of time on the sports deck, at the teen club, pools, and on his balcony as y’all suggested and it worked. Thank you!

The only issue was our cabins 7210 and 7214 were connecting cabins but we struggled to keep the connecting doors open. We asked for a door stop and that worked but then the cabin steward took it and for reasons we don’t know never gave us another one. We made our own with different items but it was still difficult to keep the doors from locking.

The boys cabin 7210 balcony didn’t lock so we would just go around and enter that way.

Bottom line in my opinion the motion was no worse than mid ship or aft.

Thank you for all of your replies and helpful suggestions. They really helped!

The cabins do open for a balcony walk through BUT the actual cabin door will be blocked so you have to all enter via the other cabin.Hope that is understandable. You can make this work. Talk to the Primary care doc and follow their advise. We all mean well but they are the experts.

Personally, I have used Bonine during a hurricane itinerary change. Bonine has only one product; the active per-tablet ingredient is 25 mg of meclizine hydrochloride, which prevents sea sickness symptoms with minimal drowsiness. Meanwhile, Dramamine offers several products, including one made from ginger and one designed for kids

When I was doing Chemo I had chew-able ginger and it did help (but I don't get seasick!). Also, we were on the Freedom in May 2016 and even though I called to check, a Carnival rep said that our cabin and our friends (next door) did not have a way to open the partition on the balconies BUT we get on board and check our balcony and ask our room steward and YUP, they were connected and he opened the partition so we had a huge balcony ( we had an Ocean Suite and friends had a regular balcony. So don't panic, just check when you get to your cabin!

On the ship sometimes I have motion sickness and on land I'm even more prone to it as crazy as that sounds...I can't ride in the back seat, I can't do roller coasters or 3D movies. seriously it's crazy. I'll be a sick, nauseous mess. One thing that works me is to use the motion sickness pills and sip ginger ale. If I get really bad I have prescription ZOFRAN which is more for nausea and not for motion but it works for me. I feel for your son. Motion sickness is the worst.