Princess cruises - cruise card - no more hole punching for lanyard?

NSWP

Strayed a little off topic gents!!

We are on Diamond Princess now, can confirm “absolutely” still hole punch cruise cards. As I have just posted to Brisbane41 I think they may come pre punched as I lost my card first night (brain fade) got a new one in less time than it takes to punch a hole!

Personally, I am lanyard-linked because, being of the female variety find myself lacking pockets.

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless they've changed card suppliers or changed the specs for supply, no, they aren't pre-punched. Have had to ask for the hole to be punched when replacing faulty cards and a couple of times when initially supplied at check-in. I don't keep the card around my neck for the whole cruise, but it can be handy at times.

Sent from an app on a phone...

On Princess - never had to request a hole punch; perhaps have had more helpful staff [emoji6]

Other cruise lines definitely!

Unless they've changed card suppliers or changed the specs for supply, no, they aren't pre-punched. Have had to ask for the hole to be punched when replacing faulty cards and a couple of times when initially supplied at check-in. I don't keep the card around my neck for the whole cruise, but it can be handy at times.

Sent from an app on a phone...

Brisbane41

According to MirrorlessKiwi;54752134 - a cruise card without a a hole will be a cinch on Princess[emoji3] Easy as!!

Brisbane41

According to MirrorlessKiwi;54752134 - a cruise card without a a hole will be a cinch on Princess[emoji3] Easy as!!

Some would say, I paid for my cruise and that includes the free hole punch, I want it.

Just like those who strive to be first to board so as they can hit the Horizon Court real early...'I paid for it, I want my lunch.':evilsmile:

Next thing you know, pax will be claiming compensation for not getting a hole in their card, like those claiming compo for no Ocean Medallion, but that's another story.

Some would say, I paid for my cruise and that includes the free hole punch, I want it.

Just like those who strive to be first to board so as they can hit the Horizon Court real early...'I paid for it, I want my lunch.':evilsmile:

Next thing you know, pax will be claiming compensation for not getting a hole in their card, like those claiming compo for no Ocean Medallion, but that's another story.

[emoji23]🤣leave it to our OP to clarify - couldn’t agree more!!

Once everyone gets a microchip inserted behind their ears, there will be no need for cards or lanyards. Fix cheating on drink packages too.

Just let them scan your neck to see if you qualify.

Dont you know the government has been microchiping us all at birth for years.

• 1 month later...

As promised I have posted a photo of my two cruise cards. One is the one with the lanyard hole and the other is of the new card after I went to reception and told them that I do not wear lanyards and asked for one without a hole.:D:D:D:D

IMG_0206.JPG.ce5f73425f7c74c8f37e810dd1547e27.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG.f941f5ad1ed77a32ea26c06d06f09220.JPG

As promised I have posted a photo of my two cruise cards. One is the one with the lanyard hole and the other is of the new card after I went to reception and told them that I do not wear lanyards and asked for one without a hole.:D:D:D:D

Thank you, so the card with the pre punched hole was issued to you at check in ? :D

Thank you, so the card with the pre punched hole was issued to you at check in ? :D

It already had a hole in it at check-in. They only do it in Australia. All my other cruise cards from Japan, South America and Asia do not have holes punched in them.

It already had a hole in it at check-in. They only do it in Australia. All my other cruise cards from Japan, South America and Asia do not have holes punched in them.

At least there was no 15% gratuity on the complimentary hole and the issue of a hole-less card.:')

• 4 weeks later...
I will do it just for fun and a good laugh. I will seriously do it though. If the card has a hole in it I will go straight to reception and ask them to print a new one without a hole in it and be as serious as I can. Once done I will post photos on here to prove it has been done.
Don't you think the staff have enough to do then to waste their time[emoji84]

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

I remember sitting on a beach in the Caribbean when a whole lot of lanyard wearing people came along. They had that look of forced jollity that only the mass cruiser has.

They looked at us sadly, but then perked up when they saw we didn’t have lanyards. I swear that very soon they were puffing out their chests trying to ensure we noticed the cards in their lanyards.

My wife explained that she’d read that these desperate creatures often took to flashing their pass cards because their status on the ship was reflected in the colour or type of card.

From what we could see, this flaunting of status was the only thing that made these people happy. For the rest of the time we were there, they either sat in stony silence or whined about something or someone.

If I don't get the 'free hole' punched in my cruise card next Princess Cruise, I am going to demand compensation for a 'missed hole' and perhaps even remove my gratuities.:evilsmile:lol.:halo: