A few Meraviglia YC questions

seapad

Husband and I were on the Seaside YC Inside cabin in April, and we had such a great time that we have booked another Seaside YIN spring 2019.

We are also thinking whether we would like Meraviglia, but having learned through the posts here, we realized that:

- Cirque de Soleil is a paid venue, and not included as a YC benefit.

- There is no Venchi on board, and Jean Paul (being a franchise store) is not included as part of the YC benefits.

- We also heard that there is an alternative place for gelato, where might that be? Is the gelato as good and similar in choices as the Venchi?

- Is there any place where we can get all the amazing chocolate drinks?

- In looking at the pictures, it appears that the Seaside has a more chic and modern decor, while Meraviglia looks more classic. Is that a fair description?

- Finally, I wonder if someone can provide a comparison or thoughts between Seaside and Meraviglia.

Thanks so much fro sharing the information.

I think the person to best answer these questions is currently on a cruise. SKIER52 was on Meraviglia last fall in the YC and has answered many questions from others regarding cabins and cabana and dining etc. He did verify that our cabin in the YC for next spring is a good location.

Husband and I were on the Seaside YC Inside cabin in April, and we had such a great time that we have booked another Seaside YIN spring 2019.

We are also thinking whether we would like Meraviglia, but having learned through the posts here, we realized that:

- Cirque de Soleil is a paid venue, and not included as a YC benefit.CORRECT

- There is no Venchi on board, and Jean Paul (being a franchise store) is not included as part of the YC benefits. CORRECT

- We also heard that there is an alternative place for gelato, where might that be? Is the gelato as good and similar in choices as the Venchi? SEE BELOW

- Is there any place where we can get all the amazing chocolate drinks? DON'T KNOW SORRY

- In looking at the pictures, it appears that the Seaside has a more chic and modern decor, while Meraviglia looks more classic. Is that a fair description?

- Finally, I wonder if someone can provide a comparison or thoughts between Seaside and Meraviglia.

HAVEN'T BEEN ON SEASIDE BUT GONG ON SEAVIEW IN TWO DAYS. LET YOU KNOW WSHEN I GET BACK

OOPS FORGOT THE CAPS LOCK WAS ON AND STILL IS,

This is better

Thanks so much fro sharing the information.

The gelato is available by asking one of the butlers to get some from the kitchens for you. I

didn't become Aware of any outlet other thanthe franchised one

Pete

Thank you so much, Pete.....have a great cruise on the Seaview. looking forward to your thoughts after this cruise. Are you going to be in YC or another category?

We will be in an Aurea cabin as there were no YC cabins available when I booked, Later some opened up but it would have meant cancelling and losing my deposit and OBC that I had on a voucher. So I didn't change

Pete

- Is there any place where we can get all the amazing chocolate drinks?

I don´t know the Seaside, but for me the Meraviglia is chic and modern. Thinking about a classic ship I would defintely name others.

The place for coffee and chocolate drinks on the Meraviglia is the Edge Bar.

Thank you very much for this info. Do you know wether the chocolate drinks are included in the Yachtclub benefits? If not, I will buy a coffee cuddle, for the hot and cold drinks in the coffeebar on the Orchestra were very good.

Nedra

Thank you very much for this info. Do you know wether the chocolate drinks are included in the Yachtclub benefits? If not, I will buy a coffee cuddle, for the hot and cold drinks in the coffeebar on the Orchestra were very good.

Nedra

The cold coffee mixed drinks in the Edge bar are included in the coffee cuddle (very good value for money on this, very large and more a shake with cream than a coffee), but not in the standard all inclusive drink package as they had one asterisk... they are included in the premium all-inclusive drink package, I don’t know which one comes with YC

Some other standard coffee drinks are also available in other bars around the ship, and most of them are included in the standard all-inclusive drink package:

b317df76ca8da56ad8f659c0487489df.png

SKIER52 , I have a question regarding Forward Suites on Meraviglia. Are the balconies completely enclosed or is there wind on sea days and they are unusable on those days?? Thank you. They look like they are metal and have no view.(Deck 15)

Can someone tell me if pressing of a garment is charged for in YC?

Or better yet, can I iron my own clothes in the launderette?

Thanks to all, we are first time MSC.

1) Yes

2) No - you have to send your clothes out to be ironed for a charge. In YC, you can include this service in the laundry package offered onboard. Just ask your butler ... that's what we always do. It works out much cheaper than paying for individual items to be ironed.

1) Yes

2) No - you have to send your clothes out to be ironed for a charge. In YC, you can include this service in the laundry package offered onboard. Just ask your butler ... that's what we always do. It works out much cheaper than paying for individual items to be ironed.

Thank you, Beamafar, that’s exactly what I’ll do.:):D

Thank you, Beamafar, that’s exactly what I’ll do.:):D

As you are in the States, I believe you can pre-book a laundry package; there seems to be one or two choices that I haven't seen onboard, such as a 10 item package (I've only ever seen a 20 or 30 item one onboard).

We are a little confused about what the perks are in YC Deluxe Suite. We are in 16014 and seems great area.

We only booked yesterday so I guess we will learn or be surprised on boarding.

If you go onto the MSC website there is a section on YC and all of the benefits.

Wondering if YC cabins that are forward have balconies that are open to fresh air or are they enclosed with Half metal and upper half glass? It looks like the angle is extreme. Would,like to hear from those who have had these Suites, thanks.

Wondering if YC cabins that are forward have balconies that are open to fresh air or are they enclosed with Half metal and upper half glass? It looks like the angle is extreme. Would,like to hear from those who have had these Suites, thanks.

following...

I am booked on MSC Bellissima (April 2019) in YC deck 15 forward cabin. According to photos of the Meraviglia the balconies are open on the top. The lower part is metal and the upper part is glass. I estimate the top edge of the glass is between 5ft and 6ft high. Any exact details are highly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

We have been on both ships. And we will be back to both. We always go YC.

Meraviglia is the more beautiful ship hands down. Has more things to do in the evening, too. I like the irish pub, the park soleil, etc. There is the Venchi downstairs. On the Meraviglia you get free fresh fruit smoothies, you cant get on the Seaside (only milky ones). The food was better on the Seaside, the rest the same experience, not much difference. The rooms are a bit better on the Seaside. The layout with the wardrobe and bathrooom on the Meraviglia is super tight and awkward. But still - its ok.

Cirque soleil was superb. Will watch it again. However - dont book the dinner experience. Its not that the food is served during the show, it comes ahead to the show. Means, you are 1h prior to the show in the theater. Once you are done with the food, people which only booked show, are entering the theater. So - safe your money, watch the show but dont get the food (its not very good and you cant use your drink package in the theater).

Also - speciality restaurants are not worth it. The food in the YC is of the same good/bad quality. If one at all, I would recommend the butchers cut or on the Seaside the Ocean Cay. Sushi on the Seaside was better, the Eatly fine dining was a catastrophy - we went right after dinner to the YC and started all over. If one thing is weak on MSC its the food. It is not on the level of NCL or RCCL

I would not book the forward cabins. Wind is nasty and makes cabins noisy. I dont know how they are regarding the windows, but we had those kind of cabins and didnt enjoy it that much. The side cabins are great. Avoid rooms with walk through doors. They are noisy on MSC (had it on both ships)

Ask me what you like to know. We are frequent sailers (6 cruises a year) - so we have a pretty good overview.