How busy does Michael’s Club get now

Suite Susie

From our experience it gets a little busier on the MClass ships compared to the Sclass ships. On the MClass ships MC has windows both interior & exterior; on the Sclass it feels to me like a dark cavern.

We have done several cruises since Michael’s was introduced. In our experience it tends to have a regular clientele who visit most evenings pre and/or post dinner (8/10 couples?) and then others who visit when there are special events on like ‘meet the officers’ or entertainment.

We have never found it totally dead at this time but we have never struggled to find a seat.

Like you we enjoy it for pre dinner drinks. Hope you have a great cruise.

In the past eighteen months we've sailed suite class on Solstice (1/17), Equinox (7/17) and Eclipse (5/18). Michael's Club was not overly business on any of those cruises. This past cruise on Eclipse there was not one Elite aboard, according to our concierge. In most cases you can walk in pretty much any time and the bar staff are glad to see someone. Regardless, Michael's Club at it's very worst is better than pretty much any of the other venues where you can sit and relax with a beverage of your choice.

We were on the Millie in May. Never had trouble finding a seat either before or after dinner. Only once were we the only ones there, and that was late at night. We had a delightful conversation with the bartender!

Michael's has always been VERY busy before dinner on our 4 TA's. I'm sure part of that is because drink packages aren't included perks on those cruises and only the upper suites RS & PH get the package included.

Outside of before dinner it is generally quiet with 3-4 couples most of the time.

We love Michael's, the service is great and the bartenders will get you whatever you want if it is on the ship.

I think the crowd depends on the BT. Our latest cruise was our first time in a suite. Michael’s was never crowded except on embarkation day. Rarely seen anyone in there after that. The BT wasn’t very accommodating, normally hiding in the back room and rarely had anything to make a drink. It always seemed as if he had to get something from another bar or was just said that he was out of the simple ingredients that a bar should have like bar syrup, bitters, etc. Asked for a Heineken and he looked, and looked and then said that he couldn’t find any. He said that he would have some later. We never went back except to use or visit with the concierge.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes, it varies enormously.

In my opinion the bar staff are important.

However, the suite concierge, based in MC, makes enen more difference.

When there are guests performers in MC, a good suite concierge prompts everyone with messages and also personal reminders. Poorer concierges wonder why there are so few guests in the club...

On the Silhouette, after a meal in the evening, we would sometimes hit MC but would often wander outside to enjoy the live performances in the Ensemble lounge.

In the past eighteen months we've sailed suite class on Solstice (1/17), Equinox (7/17) and Eclipse (5/18). Michael's Club was not overly business on any of those cruises. This past cruise on Eclipse there was not one Elite aboard, according to our concierge.

I'm assuming you meant there was not one Zenith aboard; hard to imagine a cruise without a single Elite cruiser!

I have never found Michael's too busy to enjoy. There have been many times we are the only one's in the lounge enjoying the live music, so we clap louder :) Last year we were on the Equinox for Halloween and Michael's was very lively with many people wearing costumes.

Celebrity doesn't know how to run and make Michael's Club Special.

They should have all the top shelf liquors served in MC.

Have been in Michael's Club on 4 different sailings and if some one requested something that they didn't have but was on the ship somewhere they went and got it … we've found all the bartenders very accommodating in Michael's...

Generally not too crowded but the MC concierge does hold random nightly events such as musical entertainment or meetings with officers. Busier on those nights. It is a good place to meet people and relax. With suite guests getting premium drink packages on most cruises, MC has less appeal for some.

I'm assuming you meant there was not one Zenith aboard; hard to imagine a cruise without a single Elite cruiser!

Wups! Yes, a typo initiated by an addled brain due to my many years of chronological advancement. ZENITH, is indeed what I meant. I think the Elite count was around 1500 or so....

I was on Reflection in April/May and it was always great inside at different times of the day. Sometimes, it was very quiet. I always run-in for teas, scones, water and drinks! I just do not like the darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It always varies from cruise to cruise. Most of the time there are 3 or 4 couples in MC.

On our last cruise on the Equinox, it was overcrowded! It was so busy that the bar staff really were running!!! They could hardly breathe!