NCL train ANC to steward

majmaj4

Hi, I booked trough NCL a train from Anchorage airport to Steward.

If anyone knows - where in the airport does this leave from.

Do you check your bags at the airport and they deliver to the cabin, or do you have to deal with bags on each end?

Is there room to bring a carry on sized rolling bag into the train car?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anchorage has two ARR stations...main station downtown, and a second one connected directly to the passenger terminal at Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl Airport. Chartered trains from cruise lines leave directly from the airport...public trains leave from downtown.

The signage at the airport for the train station is pretty clear. You'll see it as you leave the baggage area. We saw it as we were headed to pick up our rental car.

I suggest you call Alaska Railroad to ask your question about your carry on bag. We were in one of the Gold Star cars (we weren't traveling through the cruise line), and in the Gold Star cars there isn't room for any carry ons. We switched things from our airline carry on bags to backpacks for that portion of our trip and checked our carry on bags through to Seward.

We'll be taking the July 16, 6pm train from Seward to Anchorage. Would this train stop at the ANC airport, before the downtown train depot?

NO, only the cruise contracted train stops at the airport.

And it leaves seward around 7am.

We'll be taking the July 16, 6pm train from Seward to Anchorage. Would this train stop at the ANC airport, before the downtown train depot?

I don't think the airport depot is a regular stop on the line. If you are just riding the normal passenger train route then no. The way I understand it the airport depot is used primarily for charter's by the cruise lines.

nope, If you are flying out the same day, you need a flight ideally around 1am or later.

I don't think the airport depot is a regular stop on the line. If you are just riding the normal passenger train route then no. The way I understand it the airport depot is used primarily for charter's by the cruise lines.

The reason the 'regular' Seward train does not stop at the airport station on the way into and out of Anchorage is, the airport station is not just alongside the main line. Trains have to leave the main line and back into the 'stub end' airport terminal on a branch line. It would add extra time to the schedule, and be an inconvenience for the thru train.