"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

Hello everyone . . . I am very happy to start my “LIVE” from MSC Divina. I will be leaving tomorrow for a 7 Night Western Caribbean sailing on Saturday. I will be staying in Miami for 2 nights prior for some rest before my sailing.

My “LIVE” on MSC Divina will include some pre cruise commentary as well as daily ship photos and comments. I am planning on obtaining a large internet package so I will be able to provide lots of photos and commentary about the ship and ports of call. (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Nassau)

I have wondered about how a premium Italian Cruise Line would work in the United States. I have read many reviews, and some weren’t too promising. It seems that MSC has changed the way the ships would appeal to American Cruisers as they do in Italy. I believe that MSC is here to stay after their announcement of MSC Seaside being launched late next year. There will now be 2 ships sailing year round from Miami.

Rick Sasso has been CEO of MSC Cruises (USA) Inc since 2004. He used to be with Celebrity as their President until he moved to MSC. He has been credited for much of the décor and design of MSC ships because of his association with new builds at Celebrity Cruises for 14 years. (1990-2004)

I have heard that the Segafredo Coffee on board is wonderful and there will be daily consumption of this premium beverage. Sit back and enjoy MSC Divina through my eyes . . . It should be a fun week!

Radio

;);)

MSC Divina

DIVINA2.JPG

Image Courtesy MSC Cruises S.A.

MSC Divina Aqua Park

MSCAP1.JPG

My Itinerary this week

ITIN1.JPG

Edited by Radio

Awesome Radio!!! Actually,,Rafaela Aponte,,wife of MSC owner Gianluigi Aponte designed the interior of MSC Divina along with DeJorio Design International(http://www.studiodejorio.it//home.html). Looking forward to your review,,,you have big shoes to fill after Mauren's live review. Looking forward to your excursions and pics from Jamaica and Grand Cayman,,the only two islands we have never visited yet,,,Oh,,,and yes!!!! The Segafredo coffee is AMAZING!!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

Awesome Radio!!! >SNIP< Looking forward to your excursions and pics from Jamaica and Grand Cayman,,the only two islands we have never visited yet,,,Oh,,,and yes!!!! The Segafredo coffee is AMAZING!!!!

Thanks Mikesa1721, I love Jamaica, but haven't been in a few years.

Radio

;);)

Looking forward to the review Radio! Myself, wife and four sons sailed the Divina last month and loved it! Defiantly has its differences to other lines but you are in for a treat! From what I have read and experienced, it seems like MSC provides a better cruise with each sailing. ( we had major problems with the website and other passengers info assigned to our booking, hope that didn't happen to you)

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been waiting for this one!:)

Thanks Bob, I booked this cruise last summer . . . The pricing was very good and I have been considering MSC for some time.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looking forward to your review. I was on the Divina a few weeks ago, and loved it. We are booked on the Seaside for May,2018. I believe the Divina goes back to Europe in April, 2018, then to return in the fall of 2018.I doubt they need 2 ships in the summer for the Carib. All the other lines also cut back drastically for the summer, except, maybe, Carnival.

Hello everyone. . . I arrived at BWI at 7:30 this morning. I heard that the TSA lines were very long, but with PreCheck it only took 2 min.

I have a leisurely wait until my flight at 10:30. . . We board at 10AM.

See you in Miami [emoji6]

Radio

I have arrived

dfa63919b05dd5b50a2169ae5d548adb.jpg

American Airlines check in counter

8c673da4d5e67bc052bf2bb5ae112846.jpg

TSA area is slow today. . .

6abb1b57437efdb8d37da6403487a557.jpg

Sent from my LG G4