Cabin Assignment at Booking, but now have GTY?!?!

crobinv

I booked our Grand Voyage from Miami to Genoa on May 1st directly through MSC website. Paid deposit. Picked the last 3 person (myself and two daughters) Interior Fantastica cabin available for our dates. Have a confirmation on May 1st with my Stateroom Number.

Today I received a new Booking Confirmation from MSC showing we are now a GTY room and no stateroom number assigned. Showing Stateroom: Booked.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was your outcome?

Why don't you call them and ask what happened? EM

I did call. Representative did not know why my cabin was released. She said to wait a few days to see my new cabin assignment and if I don't like it, then to call back.

Hoping for some real life similarities so I can put my mind at ease.

Unless you needed that particular cabin, it's probably for the best. Decent chance you'll get assigned a balcony cabin.

Bret

Thank you, Bret. I appreciate your feedback. Hoping at least for a cabin number so I can put my mind at ease. Traveling solo with a 5 and 11 year old on a three week journey across the ocean :D:)

I booked our Grand Voyage from Miami to Genoa on May 1st directly through MSC website. Paid deposit. Picked the last 3 person (myself and two daughters) Interior Fantastica cabin available for our dates. Have a confirmation on May 1st with my Stateroom Number.

Today I received a new Booking Confirmation from MSC showing we are now a GTY room and no stateroom number assigned. Showing Stateroom: Booked.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was your outcome?

Call them.

i booked the same cruise in march... guarantee inside fantasica, now booking says oceanview but not a cabin#, also changed to bella experience which they assure me will change back to fantastica experience when they assign me a cabin #. This will likely settle out after final payment according to msc rep. i think this will sort out for you mid- December after final payment. See ya on board, Glenn

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to update my post. Two phone calls later and a week after the last phone call, we officially have a cabin#. Glad to report we were upgraded from Interior Stateroom to a B1 Balcony 8th floor. My girls are so excited to have a "porch" to read and do schoolwork on... They are 5 and 10. Thank you for all the reassurance and advice.

Glenn, see you onboard! Yeah to upgrade fairies! Hope to meet you at the Meet-n-Greet .

Courtney