Draught cider on the ships

The Pub

Chit-Chatter about just about anything with other UK Cruisers!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:10 AM.
Batehaven, Australia
10,443 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Ok you Brit Pub types, have any of you ever seen draught/tap cider on the ships? I never have and am a cider fan as I don't drink beer (Coeliac.) I generally have to drink bottled or canned Magners or Strongbow on the ships. I have done a few cruises with P&O UK and one would have thought they would have had Thatchers on tap or something like that?

Nothing like a pint of draught cider !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Yorkshire, UK
7,171 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Sorry only once, ncl once had it but it had gone last time we were there and they switched to strong bow bottles and angry orchard bottles

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Batehaven, Australia
10,443 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Tiggertastic
Sorry only once, ncl once had it but it had gone last time we were there and they switched to strong bow bottles and angry orchard bottles

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Thank you. Need more cider drinkers to get draught on !! On Sapphire and Royal Princesses next year, back to Magners/Strongbow.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

Batehaven, Australia
10,443 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Celebrity had quite a few ciders when they had their Craft Beers set up in Michael's club. It didn't last long though.
But they would be the bottled/canned stuff Uncle Mic. I like draught cider, but alas not available on the ships. However all is not lost, pre and post cruises next year we will be staying at several olde pubs, always a cider or three on tap at those establishments.

My wife says they should have Mohitos on draught, oh yeah, pint of Mohito, $50 job. plus 15% gratuity of course.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
39,384 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by NSWP
But they would be the bottled/canned stuff Uncle Mic. I like draught cider, but alas not available on the ships. However all is not lost, pre and post cruises next year we will be staying at several olde pubs, always a cider or three on tap at those establishments.

My wife says they should have Mohitos on draught, oh yeah, pint of Mohito, $50 job. plus 15% gratuity of course.
Get some scrumpy why don't you.
BTW, it is 18% on some lines.
Batehaven, Australia
10,443 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Get some scrumpy why don't you.
BTW, it is 18% on some lines.
I do like a couple of pints of ye olde Scrumpy Cider, preferably from Somerset, 'Where the Cider Apples Grow.' Another good drink is half cider and half stout in the pint glass, called Black Velvet...lubbly jubbly. Black Velvet in OZ is generally half champers and half stout.

Never seen it on the ships Mic, but some Brit west country pubs have it. Not as popular as it was once. Dan Murphy's have Old Rosie Scrumpy in big and small bottles, it is 9% abv, expensive though.

Anyway, staying in the Cotswolds for a week next year, so have to hunt out a drop of Scrumpy, maybe in the pub we are staying at ye olde 'Coach & Horses' in Bourton on the Water, circa 1700.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

326 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by NSWP

G'day again mate

I know you prefer Draught but when not available and bottled is, you cannot go past the Tasmanian Pagan aged apple cider simply wonderful.

In fact all of their range is impressive with their Cherry cider and Blueberry cider along with it's Mead, made with barrel-fermented Napoleon pears will leave you with a smile on your face.

Check them out if you haven't already.

http://www.pagancider.com.au/

Cheers r.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
We travel the whale road until carried by the eight legged horse...