Cancelling Anthem due to No More Dynamic Dining

robbykapnj

Officially form RCCL:

The four (4) main restaurants – Chic, Grande, Silk, and American Icon– will now become the main dining venues to support the My Time Dining program and will all feature the same upgraded dinner menu each evening. My Time Dining flexible venues will be located on Deck 4 in American Icon and Silk, while Chic and Grande will be designated as the early and late seating restaurants on Deck 3. The name and décor of each venue will remain unchanged.

Thank you very much.

I'm not sure how I feel about all of this just yet...I booked last week. Have not been on RCCL in a very long time and do like the anytime dining of other lines. That is why we chose this ship and longer itinerary. Other lines with longer itins have limited dining options.

I have to give this some more thought now....

We were reluctant to try Silk and it turned out to be our favorite. If you wanted a plain salad and regular old potatoes instead of rice etc. they brought it. The hibachi steak was excellent. The waiters kept bringing all kinds of food to the table, short ribs, spring rolls etc. we cancelled Chic to go back to Silk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is where a good waiter can make or break a restaurant. We did not have the menu with spring rolls or short ribs, we had the menu with the potstickers which our waiter brought and said sauce coming. He brought the sauce 10 minutes later. He never brought anything extra to our table. We finally got main course an hour after we entered the restaurant. We had the hibachi steak too, but it was two slices of filet of beef and a raw baby bok choy cut in half. Not what I would consider hibachi, though the beef was nice. The duck that my Mom ordered was horrible. Never saw waiter again and left without ordering coffee or dessert.

We had much better waiters and experiences in the other 3 restaurants. Grande waitstaff and meal was excellent.

We would have given it another try if we had found a deal on Anthem just to see if a better waiter and different menu suited us better.

Now I am confused and hopefully you can clarify the dining paragraph posted. We were told last year that the menu for each of the four will change every four days. From the above are they saying the menu will remain the same for the entire cruise? We have preselected the order of restaurants for the cruise at 5:30.

Now I am confused and hopefully you can clarify the dining paragraph posted. We were told last year that the menu for each of the four will change every four days. From the above are they saying the menu will remain the same for the entire cruise? We have preselected the order of restaurants for the cruise at 5:30.

Depends whether you sail before or after 11/27. After, the menu will change every night (and be the same in every venue), just like in the rest of the fleet.

I agree, The Grand was the best. I found service was generally very good at the others. My main complaint is that when they serve coffee, the coffee gets poured but I have to wait for the milk. Of course, the coffee is cold by then and have to get another cup of coffee poured.

I am following this thread, as well as others about this issue and I am totally confused.

We booked the anthem recently for next summer and everything is wait listed except early and late traditional seating.

Hoping this gets more clearer as time goes on.

We were looking forward to DD, but would settle for MTD if possible.

But for now, they are not offering that for 2017 sailings

Edited by B-52

Excellent move. Putting your money where your mouth is. Good luck finding anything similar to DD. Is any other line foolish enough to do anything like it?

NCL has 4 or more specialty restaurants on each ship and the specialty dining package is often part of their 'sale' and can be included with the price of the cruise.

On the STAR we had fine dining in the Steakhouse twice, Brazilian Steakhouse twice, Chinese Once, French Bistro once and Italian once. The specialy restaurants were all very good and it was nice having a different menu and setting each night.

That's as close as you'll get to dynamic dining.

-Sean

I am following this thread, as well as others about this issue and I am totally confused.

We booked the anthem recently for next summer and everything is wait listed except early and late traditional seating.

Hoping this gets more clearer as time goes on.

We were looking forward to DD, but would settle for MTD if possible.

But for now, they are not offering that for 2017 sailings

Whenever RCI makes a change, it takes a while for it to filter down to the IT system (and other places).If you are in DD Choice now, you will be moved to MTD - nothing you need to do.

Keep checking your cruise planner - you'll eventually see the change there. Ensure that you are subscribed to the Roll Call thread for your sailing. Someone in there will likely announce that dining reservations are open - then you can book dinner times.