Valor delayed at Galveston - January 14

nazpaz

I thought that might b e the case. They don't "domino" the effects of a shortened cruise, except in cases where the ship itself has a problem. You should be fine. This is not unusual at all for Galveston this time of year, and even more so a bit later in the year when you have spring conditions. Our daughter lived in Galveston, so we sailed from there often and we have been delayed boarding more than once.

Just got this:

January 15, 2017

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to let you know that the fog cleared very early this morning and Carnival Valor was able to safely dock in the Port of Galveston.

Carnival Valor will now operate a 4 day cruise to Progreso. The itinerary is as follows:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

SUN Galveston, TX

MON Fun Day @ Sea

TUE Progreso, MX 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

WED Fun Day @ Sea

THU Galveston, TX 8:00 AM

Check in for your cruise is now scheduled to commence at Terminal 1 at 10:00 AM. Please disregard your previously assigned check in windows. All guests must be on board no later than 2:00 PM. Although the port is now closed once again due to heavy fog, our plan is to sail as soon as the port reopens.

Guests who sail with us will receive a one-day pro-rated refund of their cruise fare, to be processed in approximately three weeks. Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Cozumel will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Additionally, guests who purchased CHEERS! or our Bottomless Bubbles beverage package will receive a one day refund to their original form of payment. Gratuities will also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected weather delay has had on your cruise. Should you wish to cancel and receive a full refund, or reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for this change in plans and are grateful for your patience and understanding.

The Captain and his officers, as well as our staff and crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters Signature

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

FWIW: Since our situation is more adaptable than others, we took advantage of the full cancellation offer and will think about a future trip.

I hope all those who are traveling have a great time even with the shortened itinerary.

Edited by nazpaz

Yes Valor passengers are debarking. Cant see the other 2 ships to see if any of theirs are.....

I am on the Freedom right now. We are at the cargo dock. We have to wait for the Valor to be done and then we are supposed to switch berths with them so we can disembark. It's looking pretty clear so hopefully both ships will be able to make it back out today.

The Breeze is on her way into Bolivar roads (the entrance into Galveston Ship channel.) No idea where they're putting her.

We can see the port and thought we saw a ship waiting. Supposed to be on the Breeze today. Feel sorry that they are leaving them on for tonight. We are supposed to get updated on our itinerary by 4pm but they have assured us we are not going out until Monday.

I am sure that they would love to get the passengers off the Breeze and get her back to sea, but the problem will be US Customs and Immigration. They will have already worked a full day dealing with the Valor and Freedom and Liberty of the Seas. It would be nice if they were willing to stay late and process the Breeze after the Freedom and Liberty of the Seas sail, but that is wishful thinking.

We had an issue with Princess out of the Port of Houston. They brought us back early to avoid a storm, but we had to overnight on the ship in Houston because Customs and Immigration would not send any officers that evening.

Edited by DebJ14

The web cam shows the Valor leaving port. The freedom looks like it is moving to the Dock.

Yes, the Freedom is backing up to move into pier 23.

Marine Traffic is showing an ETA on the Breeze of 8:45pm into Galveston. The Liberty of the Seas should be gone by then so they could use the other terminal if the Freedom is not ready to sail by then.

Yes, the Freedom is backing up to move into pier 23.

Marine Traffic is showing an ETA on the Breeze of 8:45pm into Galveston. The Liberty of the Seas should be gone by then so they could use the other terminal if the Freedom is not ready to sail by then.

The Breeze is here and the Freedom just moved over.

The Breeze is here and the Freedom just moved over.

I can see the Breeze in the background on the cam behind the Freedom! :cool:

We will proceed on our cruise (weather permitting) tomorrow.

All times are the same just 24 hours later and with Belize being nixed.

So will they just refund our Belize excursion or do we have to do anything. Sucks I wanted to do the Sharks/Rays? Oh well a reason to come back. Heck with all these refunds I may just have to book another cruise.

Edited by scuddles

So will they just refund our Belize excursion or do we have to do anything. Sucks I wanted to do the Sharks/Rays? Oh well a reason to come back. Heck with all these refunds I may just have to book another cruise.

I am sure I read that they will just refund it like they did for the missed day.

I love your outlook on missing Belize as it is very similar to our outlook! :D

Even missing a day and a port this will still be the best cruise we have ever been on! ;)

January 15, 2017

Hi folks!

I am pleased to say that the Port of Galveston has reopened and Carnival Breeze remains poised to dock in Galveston later today, weather permitting. Given the time of our arrival, we have been informed by Customs and Border Protection that debarkation for guests currently on board will take place tomorrow morning.

Given this delay, Carnival Breeze will now sail on a 6 day cruise departing tomorrow. We are sorry to say that given the shortened duration, we are forced to cancel our call to Belize. Below is our revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

MON Galveston, TX

4:00 PM TUE Fun Day @ Sea

WED Fun Day @ Sea

THU Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 8:00 AM 5:00 PM FRI Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM SAT Fun Day @ Sea

SUN Galveston, TX 6:30 AM

Guests who sail with us will receive a one-day, pro-rated refund of their cruise fare, to be processed in approximately three weeks. Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Belize will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Additionally, guests who purchased CHEERS! or our Bottomless Bubbles beverage package will receive a one day refund to their original form of payment. Gratuities will also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration.

Check in will take place at Cruise Terminal 1 from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM, CST and the ship will sail at 4:00 PM, CST, weather permitting. Guests should adhere to their pre-selected check-in window.

We certainly understand the impact this unexpected weather delay has had on your cruise. Should you wish to cancel and receive a full refund, or reschedule, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL.

If you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL3 to CRUISE (278473).

Again, we sincerely apologize for this unexpected weather delay and thank you for your patience and understanding. Our Captain, officers and crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Denese+Waiters+Signature.jpg

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Our local Houston Channel 13 news just said there will be no customs agents until tomorrow morning. Poor travelers :( We sat on the Liberty (RCI) overnight on December 26th due to fog but still managed to make 3 ports even though we had to switch one port completely.