Deck

Ladyaruba

we are booked on the Noordam, navigation deck, midship, balcony room 8058 for our June 2018 Alaska cruise.

Should we be lower on the ship so as to avoid motion or will we be okay?

I have been on deck 8 on other ships and never had a problem but I am not prone to seasickness. From what I have heard you feel less motion if you are a little lower. The one thing I would mention is that it looks like this cabin is under a portion of the pool area. They do tend to move chairs around so you might hear some noise although I don't know how many people use the pool on an Alaska cruise (haven't done that one yet.) I might check to see if 8073,8075 or 8077 are available. These are under the Caneletto restaurant which is carpeted. We have been in that location and had no issues.

Helen

I have been on deck 8 on other ships and never had a problem but I am not prone to seasickness. From what I have heard you feel less motion if you are a little lower. The one thing I would mention is that it looks like this cabin is under a portion of the pool area. They do tend to move chairs around so you might hear some noise although I don't know how many people use the pool on an Alaska cruise (haven't done that one yet.) I might check to see if 8073,8075 or 8077 are available. These are under the Caneletto restaurant which is carpeted. We have been in that location and had no issues.

Helen

My feelings exactly - move to under the carpeted area. I like deck 8 just aft of the mid-ship elevators (but not right next to the elevators). Quiet from above and easy access to other decks and one quick flight of stairs to the Lido Buffet for a coffee or snack.

My feelings exactly - move to under the carpeted area. I like deck 8 just aft of the mid-ship elevators (but not right next to the elevators). Quiet from above and easy access to other decks and one quick flight of stairs to the Lido Buffet for a coffee or snack.

Thanks

Hubby will sleep thru anything and I wear earplugs because he snores!

We should be okay!

This is our first ever cruise so just a little concerned.

Have only gotten sea sick twice in my lifetime(66 years) and that was on a small sailboat and then a catamaran. Neither were moving, just wallowing around.

Under sail, I was fine!

Heard that this trip from Seward to Vancouver is in pretty calm waters.

We were on the Noordam this past June, Seward to Vancouver, and it was a smooth sailing other than a bit of motion the first evening. We were in cabin 6078, which I chose specifically for my husband, who has problems with motion sickness. I also try to choose cabins with cabins above and below to avoid noise issues, so chose Deck 6. We were very happy with our cabin and loved the large balcony for the sea days (Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage) - hope this helps with your selection and I wish you a wonderful first ever cruise!

I agree, if possible move out from under the pool area. Midship is the best place to avoid sea sickness. I can watch the ship from the dock and become terribly ill, so I take a pill. Enjoy your cruise on my favorite ship.