virtual balcony

grest

But beware....some ships, such as Harmony OTS advertise 'solo virtual balconies', but DON'T have ANY!! My son was booked in one for our Harmony cruise next week (Booked a year ago), but was reading online from some fairly angry past passengers, that THERE WERE NO VIRTUAL SOLO inside cabins. After climbing up the RCI corporate ladder (by both phone and letter writing/emails, we finally reached a VP who admitted it was erroneous advertising (which to date has NOT been corrected online on their website??) and said there were NONE on the Harmony. To appease my son, they moved him to to a Promenade cabin (for 2 - but charged him the same rate as the fake solo 'virtual balcony' cabin). He was very happy with this, but is bespeaks a larger problem with RCI - i.e., honesty, integrity and any concern for their passengers happiness with them!!

• 7 months later...

I once told a table mate that we were booked on a ship and in a cabin that they used to film said 'virtual' balcony!

She thought that was real quirky until i mentioned that it sounded ok, but in fact was a bit of a pain as i was forced to sign a waiver that i wouldn't go out onto our balcony in just my pants - or less!!!

Ha ha ha

I'm 0 for 2 with Virtual Balconies.

Booked Inside VB guarantee on Quantum maiden transatlantic from Southampton to Cape Liberty. They initially assigned an Oceanview, then later assigned a deck 13 Balcony.

Booked Inside VB guarantee on Anthem to Bermuda. At 6 weeks before sailing they've assigned an Oceanview.

But beware....some ships, such as Harmony OTS advertise 'solo virtual balconies', but DON'T have ANY!! My son was booked in one for our Harmony cruise next week (Booked a year ago), but was reading online from some fairly angry past passengers, that THERE WERE NO VIRTUAL SOLO inside cabins. After climbing up the RCI corporate ladder (by both phone and letter writing/emails, we finally reached a VP who admitted it was erroneous advertising (which to date has NOT been corrected online on their website??) and said there were NONE on the Harmony. To appease my son, they moved him to to a Promenade cabin (for 2 - but charged him the same rate as the fake solo 'virtual balcony' cabin). He was very happy with this, but is bespeaks a larger problem with RCI - i.e., honesty, integrity and any concern for their passengers happiness with them!!

Late to the game but same. When I booked in July '17 for Jul'18 - it said I was getting a virtual balcony in my studio room. None to be found.