Explorer of the seas

JPVENDING

Hey guys, I've been on many cruises but I will be going on The EOS in July and was wondering if anyone has been on it lately and if anyone has noticed any signs of the ship getting old?

Just Curious!

Thanks Board!

Jason

07/10/05

Just returned from the Explorer. The only wear/tear I thought was the rooms, they could be updated. However, I did read somewhere that they are taking the ship in and doing an overhaul. The rest of the ship is beautiful, I am sure you will enjoy. Heard many complaints about the food before we went but thought the food was excellent. The only complaint I had was we went to Portofinos(hope I spelled it right), not worth the money, food in the dinning room much better. Enjoy!

we got off the explorer on jan 9 2005

the only sign of wear and tear and we had to look was the carpet in our room.

if i hadn't been on these boards i wouldn't have even noticed.

we found the food very good, the staff very friendly, the service excellent,

and would book the explorer again in a second.

we were with our children 31, 36 our grandson 2 and his dad 36 and they really didn't want to go on the cruise as they are hard rock musicians and they LOVED the trip. our grandson had the best time of all of us.

the only thing we couldn't figure out is why the elevators hadn't names

like one said sunday the next day another said monday. duh until we realized they were changed by the day of the week and my dh is a professor lol

would love to hear your feedback after your trip, hope you'll post some info...I'm curious about pool hours, I hear they stay open late... That would be great. Anyone know of this?

Also a Teen club for a 13 year old, any info on this? Thanks All.

must see the ice show. my grandson who is 2 loved it also

the shows were excellent. while my grandson wasn't old enough for the "camp" the other kids at our table were and loved it. they would rush thru dinner to get back to the group

it was a wonderful trip i am sure you will love it

weechloe...you have a great time as well. I have searched for several months on the Roll Call boards for anyone going on the same sailing as we are. No luck whatsoever. I've posted a roll call thread no less than 5 times, with no one answereing. Maybe this means more room around the pool for us? :D We have the same room we had on Navigator last year...aft cabin 9390. I loved the aft cabins!!

Have a great time!!

The ship is amazing...don't worry you will not be disappointed.....

Yes, there was a bit wear/tear I thought in the rooms but nothing to worry about... it still was wonderful, and I never noticed anywhere else to be worn down...nor was I looking for it...and it didn't stick out....so....

Yes the whirlpools are open all night long (I know as I was in it til 7am one night/morning:D ) but did not notice the pools as no one was in it but I didn't see a cover on it so I would assume they are open as well.

You will love this ship..I have been on 4 out of the 5 Voyager Class and thought they were all so beautiful....the Mariner is the best deco...IMHO....but they all ranked a 10 in my book....don't worry you will totally love this ship..enjoy yourself...

P.S. IMHO--the staff/crew on the EOS were the best thus far.....:)

N

Archived