Packing extras

Missa

This is my first carnivale cruise, but 6th cruise.

I wanted to list the little extras I'm packing and would like to see any replys of things I didn't think of.

Small hangers (never seem to be enough in closet for family of 4

Oversized plastic clothespins (for clipping things to closet door, or clipping multiple things to the hangers, or clip back curtains....unlimited uses.

Overdoor shoe hanger (a must)

Mini hanging pocket organizer with zipper enclousres (good for costume jewlery and makeup, less clutter on counter surface)

Pop-up hamper

Travel alarm clock

clip-on digital watch/timepiece for clipping to beach bag

small plug-in extra outlets

battery operated nighlight

mini flashlight

Travel mug for teas and other drinks

I wanted to list the little extras I'm packing and would like to see any replys of things I didn't think of.

Oversized plastic clothespins (for clipping things to closet door, or clipping multiple things to the hangers, or clip back curtains....unlimited uses.

Mini hanging pocket organizer with zipper enclousres (good for costume jewlery and makeup, less clutter on counter surface)

Pop-up hamper

Travel alarm clock

clip-on digital watch/timepiece for clipping to beach bag

small plug-in extra outlets

battery operated nighlight

mini flashlight

If you ask you room steward he/she will bring extra hangers. There is a clock on the phone and they also have wake up service. Clip the clips on the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it from sticking to you or to hang wet suits on the little closeline in the shower. I bring post-it notes so I can leave questions/statements for the steward or family if need be. I would not need a flashlight or nightlight but I don't have children with me. I might think of more.... :D

LOL.....there is not ONE thing on your list that I take. :o

Same here...with the exception of hangers but they come with the suitcase.

I just don't like to schlep stuff with me.

But, it sounds like the OP has done a good job of keeping notes while reading the threads and I am sure everything on the list will come in handy.

You might want to take wire hangers instead - they take up way less room than the plastic ones and i leave them behind - our room steward thanked us for them in May...

Forr the over the door shoe hanger, I bring zip ties, and hang it from the wall where they hang the "breakfast order door hangers". I find when it's on the back of a door it's always clanging when the door is opened & closed.

Something else I bring is a plastic basket for the shower to put the soap & shampoo, etc in (my husband, my daughter and I all use different stuff, and there's never room to put all on those little shelves). I also bring a basket for the vanity for my makeup. I used to bring another one for brushes and stuff, but since I've discovered the shoe hanger, brushes and hairspray, etc all go in there.

You might want to take wire hangers instead - they take up way less room than the plastic ones and i leave them behind - our room steward thanked us for them in May...

I've never thought about getting some cheap wire hangers. I do hate finding places for them when packing.

Mixed in with my hangers, I do also bring a few tiered skirt hangers to hang shorts, etc.

You can always ask the cabin steward for hangers..

I use chip clips

if only a party of two -- not needed- 4 in a cabin a definite must

Pop-up hamper

I use my empty suit case which are stored under the bed.

Travel alarm clock

make sure its battery operated- plug in ones lose time. (but we use the telephone wake up service

i use a 16 oz insulated mug.

i also bring highlighters so we can go over the daily activity sheet and mark up where we will be-- each person in the cabin gets one.

Something else I bring is a plastic basket for the shower to put the soap & shampoo, etc in (my husband, my daughter and I all use different stuff, and there's never room to put all on those little shelves). I also bring a basket for the vanity for my makeup. I used to bring another one for brushes and stuff, but since I've discovered the shoe hanger, brushes and hairspray, etc all go in there.

this is where a good over the door shoe holder comes in handy. all that bathroom stuff

DUCT TAPE!!! Don't forget the duct tape. Dress hems, luggage damage, shutting up noisy kids .. the list is endless.:D

Super Glue!!! Don't forget the super glue. Blisters, small cuts, kids that won't sit still .. the list is endless. :D

ROARING with laughter.

A couple more items -

Battery operated tea lights - to be used as a night lite - available at the $ store. Can also get them with a scent - good for the bathroom ... just picked up some for our next cruise in Jan.

Mini sewing kit - needle different colour threads .

For me the travel alarm is a must. I wear glasses so if I wake up during the night, or wake too early, I like to know what time it is without squinting like the basket idea to read the phone, i wanna read it from across the room, lol!

i like the basket idea for the odds & ends on counters, awesome. i remember having trouble finding the brush last year because the shoe thingy was actually full of shoes and kids goggles, lol!

Since we are a family of 4, that mean 4 carry-ons allowable, lol! I gots the room to pack :)

I have the plastic/wire hangers from the stores that sometimes come home with the clothes, they are the ones coming and staying behind :)

My dh, ds, dd & I all have very straight fine hair, so the cruise ship supplied stuff is fine. DD & I just need Aussi 3-min miracle conditioner, not huge need for shower tote, but I like the idea if we had needed it.

Add ons:

Highlighters

Post-its

Duct tape (my daughter collects these, it's always around)

A couple more items -

Battery operated tea lights - to be used as a night lite - available at the $ store. Can also get them with a scent - good for the bathroom ... just picked up some for our next cruise in Jan.

Mini sewing kit - needle different colour threads .

I like the tea light idea. Just wondered how long they would last on an average before having to change the battery if you had it on all night.

I use a folding travel bag, and most of my clothes are hung on wire hangers as well. I do tend to leave them as well, although no one has thanked me yet! :)

Kevin C

Sample sizes of cold and flu meds, band aids, antibiotic cream, tissue, sore throat spray, etc. you never know when the sniffles or a trip and fall will happen and the shops aren't open!

Also any protein bars, candies, or snacks to hold you over if you need a chocolate fix!

We used the duct tape to hang the room service order by the phone, to hang a small dry erase board on the room door, and another on the closet door, to seal up the box of pop my roomie opened at the hotel the night before b/c she couldn't go another minute w/o, to seal up the bag with my sandy beach shoes in it before they got packed in the suitcase, etc

Archived