Looks like carnival is testing a new beverage program

TurtleCrossing1

It looks like carnival is getting rid of canned soda in favor of the guns according to a question asked by someone on john healds fb page. Also looks like a new program will be launched. I don't have access to the question/answer posted to his page so somebody could post it here if they would like.

Answer John gave to question about why Carnival serves can sodas instead of fountain drinks.

"As for the soda fountains, you’re right, profit-wise, they are better but there are two reasons we don’t use them anymore. Firstly, guests feel the taste is vastly different but the main reason is that they are a heck of a job to keep clean and, with such strict USPH laws we find, overall, cans are better."

I actually prefer having the soda from the fountain gun. It comes out cold and carbonated. When it is poured over ice from a can it gets watered down and also loses a bit of carbonation from the can pour. That is one thing I really like on the Fascination as some of the bars actually still have the fountain gun:D

It looks like carnival is getting rid of canned soda in favor of the guns according to a question asked by someone on john healds fb page. Also looks like a new program will be launched. I don't have access to the question/answer posted to his page so somebody could post it here if they would like.

Here is the post....

John,

Is it true that all of the Carnival ships are switching to Fountain soda instead of the cans for the Bottomless Beverage Package? Would the program still work the same as it is now, or would the soda machines be placed around the ship where guests could access them and fill up themselves? We prefer fountain soda to cans and this would be a great change! Thanks John

Like · · 5 hours ago

John Heald Yes, there will be a new program with a new kind of soda gun that will allow us a great product. Its being trialed on a couple of ships but we aim to go fleet wide with it. You will still be able to purchase cans if you wish from the bars but not from vending machines. This is a big change that we aonly announced this past Friday and I will have more details soon. cheers

2 hours ago · Like · 3

So... What do you think?

IF they were to be honest the price would go down way down.. doubt they will cut there price tho.. I worked in Electrical construction for many years.. Had a higher up at the local coke plant during a install tell me.. Each Class of soda is worth about 10 to 12 cents.. That includes the ice glass and the server bringing it to your table.. Fountain soda is a huge money make for everybody.... On another note inside the coke plant bottle drinks were a .25 from the vending machine and no pepsi allowed inside the gates..

Here is the post....

John,

Is it true that all of the Carnival ships are switching to Fountain soda instead of the cans for the Bottomless Beverage Package? Would the program still work the same as it is now, or would the soda machines be placed around the ship where guests could access them and fill up themselves? We prefer fountain soda to cans and this would be a great change! Thanks John

Like · · 5 hours ago

John Heald Yes, there will be a new program with a new kind of soda gun that will allow us a great product. Its being trialed on a couple of ships but we aim to go fleet wide with it. You will still be able to purchase cans if you wish from the bars but not from vending machines. This is a big change that we aonly announced this past Friday and I will have more details soon. cheers

2 hours ago · Like · 3

So... What do you think?

Soda machines placed around the ship would mean free soda for all. I would assume they will have soda guns behind the bars that after you show your sticker they will fill a glass

I have always wondered why they never had bag in the boxes except the lines and guns need to be cleaned

They have these at moes too ,we make some interesting drinks :)

It will take some interesting technology to keep people from improperly using the machines to cheat Carnival. I'm guessing your Sail and Sign card will be encoded that the card holder purchased the Bubbles program but what's to prevent people from sharing their card with others? Facial recognition is still a long way off for soft drink dispensers. Well, I hope it is but you never know these days.... ;)

It will take some interesting technology to keep people from improperly using the machines to cheat Carnival. I'm guessing your Sail and Sign card will be encoded that the card holder purchased the Bubbles program but what's to prevent people from sharing their card with others? Facial recognition is still a long way off for soft drink dispensers. Well, I hope it is but you never know these days.... ;)

Royal Caribbean already has these. You can only get soda from the machine if you have a certain mug that has a computer chip in it.

Royal Caribbean already has these. You can only get soda from the machine if you have a certain mug that has a computer chip in it.

That's great news, thanks for sharing. So what prevents the mug holder from loaning their mug to friends and family? I can see people filling up their Tervis cups, etc. from the mug with the chip to beat the system.

Soda machines placed around the ship would mean free soda for all. I would assume they will have soda guns behind the bars that after you show your sticker they will fill a glass

I have always wondered why they never had bag in the boxes except the lines and guns need to be cleaned

RCI has them on the Oasis and Allure and there isn't free soda for everybody.

When you buy the package you get a cup with a chip in it that activates the machine.

Bill

Not if they do the Freestyle machines like on Royal. The cups have a chip in them. You can't just walk up with any cup and get soda. These machines are pretty cool. Tons of soda varieties to choose from too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Thanks for posting this CD319. :)

Bill

I love the freestyle machines! They are a big hit in our area at the mall/theater, and I would buy the bottomless bubbles for that! And yes when we sailed RCCL we bought the mug with the computer chip, you had to wait a few minutes (maybe 10-15) between each fill up. We liked it!

That's great news, thanks for sharing. So what prevents the mug holder from loaning their mug to friends and family? I can see people filling up their Tervis cups, etc. from the mug with the chip to beat the system.

Nothing. Same as nothing prevents someone from ordering a soda under the current program and then handing it to someone else.

Amusement parks have them too. You buy their cup for the day or season and fill it yourself. The chip in the bottom allows you access and you can fill only like once every 15-20 minuteds.

Nothing. Same as nothing prevents someone from ordering a soda under the current program and then handing it to someone else.

I admit ...Once I bought the soda program and shared with my wife.Why can they not make anything affordable ,it was a few years ago but it was I think around $50 per person I went grocery shopping earlier and soda was .88 for a two liter.We don't drink much soda but that's some really good markup

Why not make buffet plates when they are too full or not empty an extra charge :)

Archived