Rhapsody-Deluxe Drink Pack. plus Voom internet. Worth it?

KathiB

We are sailing on the Rhapsody on Feb 11 - 18, Western Caribbean. I am looking at the cruise planner and the internet for one device is $15.99 per day. The Deluxe Beverage Package with the one device internet is $55 a day. They are saying this is 25% off the onboard price. Does that seem like a good deal? I have never purchased a drink package before but am considering it this trip since it will be warm, tropical, and my sister and I will be traveling together and will enjoy our drinks by the pool and wine at dinner. Just not sure if I should just get the internet for $15.99 and pay for the drinks as we go. Any advice is welcome!

be advised the the inter web speeds suck. and the IT guy admitted to us himself. he even showed us what to look for for the hubs and said that they are rated to handle 60 log ons at once. but they often could only handle about half that.

it was especially bad right around meal times and as we left ports. so if you only wanna jump on to catch email in the mornings it's fine, but if you are looking to stream a basketball or hockey game around dinner time, you may be disappointed.

I consider the break even point to be 5 drinks per day. but if you are talking a latte at breakfast and a drink with lunch and a drink by the pool and then wine with dinner and a drink at the show, its probably worth it. although there is no Vintages, the R bar is decent. if you want QUIET.. then Viking Crown in the late afternoon and early evening is perfect.

In addition to the alcoholic drinks, I always took advantage of the specialty coffees and drank numerous bottles of water each day, so for me it was beneficial. It really comes down to your personal consumption. 4-5 drinks a day not factoring in the other stuff I listed and you're probably there, but again, really up to what you think you will be drinking.

Thank you all. As for internet, I don't plan to stream any movies or TV, I just want to be able to email and possibly post some photos for my family and friends on Facebook. I am thinking I really do not need internet everyday and can probably get away with buying it every couple days for a total of maybe 3-4 days. As for drinks I think with specialty coffee, a couple drinks by the pool or before dinner and wine with dinner it might make sense. I am assuming we can buy internet on a daily or hourly basis? Thanks.

Thank you all. As for internet, I don't plan to stream any movies or TV, I just want to be able to email and possibly post some photos for my family and friends on Facebook. I am thinking I really do not need internet everyday and can probably get away with buying it every couple days for a total of maybe 3-4 days. As for drinks I think with specialty coffee, a couple drinks by the pool or before dinner and wine with dinner it might make sense. I am assuming we can buy internet on a daily or hourly basis? Thanks.

not hourly. just daily but it will end up costing more in the long run doing it piecemeal even if you only do it every other day.

Would it be possible for one person in the cabin to get the deluxe beverage package that includes the Voom internet and for the other person to just get the deluxe beverage package without the internet?

Would it be possible for one person in the cabin to get the deluxe beverage package that includes the Voom internet and for the other person to just get the deluxe beverage package without the internet?

Yes.

There is a possibility that you will have to call rather than booking it yourself on the website.

Do not get Voom on Rhapsody it is not worth it. I had the surf and stream for five days and did a speed test every day ping 1241 download speed 0.45 mbps upload nothing. Could not connect in my deck seven balcony stateroom. Royal put a disclaimer out every day in the Cruise Compass saying you could not get a refund for slow speeds and asking people to switch off when not using the internet.

I did get a 2mbps down load on the last day as we were waiting to depart.

Edited by trojan3000
CC takes out spacings between words