BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:32 AM.
192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Just curious what was the fastest anyone got onboard the Regal for the Feb., 24th sailing? We left the Hyatt Place 17th at 10:59 and were in our cabin 40 minutes later. I know many people were already onboard by then and I am curious how soon and how fast people did get aboard and to their cabins. I think 40 minutes from hotel to cabin is pretty fast, but I have nothing to really compare it to as this was only our second cruise and I forgot how long it took to check in and board the first time. Also the other time we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and shuttled to port in Miami.
Toronto, Canada
668 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Jimorel
Just curious what was the fastest anyone got onboard the Regal for the Feb., 24th sailing? We left the Hyatt Place 17th at 10:59 and were in our cabin 40 minutes later. I know many people were already onboard by then and I am curious how soon and how fast people did get aboard and to their cabins. I think 40 minutes from hotel to cabin is pretty fast, but I have nothing to really compare it to as this was only our second cruise and I forgot how long it took to check in and board the first time. Also the other time we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and shuttled to port in Miami.
We arrived early, around 10 or so, and we're pretty first onboard after the priorities as we were sitting right by the entrance. We boarded around 11:10 and were very surprised at it being so early.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,207 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
The Royal was the same recently but having to carry around your luggage until the room was ready isn't consoling. People were't being let off on certain decks although we managed to get to our room prior to it being cleaned to at least drop off our luggage.
Also the priority boarding line has been eliminated in Florida.
Not good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
pompano beach,florida
1,349 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
We live 10 miles from the cruise port.Generally we get there by 10:30 and are on board by 11:00am.We like to go to alfredo's for lunch.No liners.
longcruiser
Florida
2,196 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
when we've gotten to the port (PE) dropped off our 2 bags ($5 tip) and parked in the garage, the stress level goes to defcon 5 (lowest level)...

we'd rather be waiting in a line or the terminal than sitting in traffic on the turnpike

no worries after that to when we actually board
192 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by firecrewcapt
We get on when we get on, no big deal to us, we're there to relax.
I agree with your sentiment, but I thought from hotel to cabin 40 minutes was really fast. I didn't plan or expect to go that fast and was just glad to get onboard and have the vacation started.
League City, TX
42,413 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Also the priority boarding line has been eliminated in Florida.
Are you saying that when boarding first starts that suite, elite and platinum passengers who checked in by that time get no boarding priority at all?
Wildcat Country!
1,757 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by caribill
Are you saying that when boarding first starts that suite, elite and platinum passengers who checked in by that time get no boarding priority at all?
There is no separate line anymore for general boarding or priority boarding. It's handled once you check in, you go to your designated area and board in priority that way, at least that is how it was done on the Regal last week.
Apopka, FL
1,431 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by kywildcatfanone
There is no separate line anymore for general boarding or priority boarding. It's handled once you check in, you go to your designated area and board in priority that way, at least that is how it was done on the Regal last week.
Is that because there is no line outside anymore? Our last Regal cruise there was no real line outside the terminal and it took us about 5 minutes to check in once at the desk. I was wondering at the time if it was just a fluke or something.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sitmar Fairsky 1983 ////// Celebrity Constellation 2013
Song of Norway 1985//// Freedom of the Seas 2014
SS Dolphin 1990 ///// Regal Princess 2014
SS Norway 1992 //// Norwegian Star 2015
Carnival Imagination 1997/////Regal Princess 2016
Carnival Paradise 1999////// //Oasis of the Seas 2016
Carnival Sensation 2000////// Regal Princess 2017
Carnival Glory 2003
Mariner of the Seas 2004
Grandeur of the Seas 2006
Navigator of the Seas 2006
Sovereign of the Seas 2006
Brilliance of the Seas 2007
Norwegian Dawn 2007
Celebrity Century 2008
Celebrity Century 2008 (again)
Carnival Legend 2009
Carnival Inspiration 2009
Monarch of the Seas 2010
Monarch of the Seas 2011
Oasis of the Seas 2012
Celebrity Constellation 2012
Freedom of the Seas 2013
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
8,207 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by kywildcatfanone
That's how it was for the Royal at Term 21 on Feb 18th. It was chaos lining up outside the terminal. There were 2 sets of closed doors and people were lining up at each asking each other where the priority line was.
No direction by any of the staff.
When they finally opened up 1 set of doors it was a mad rush by everyone to switch lines.
Basically a free for all.

Originally posted by Dawniepoo
Is that because there is no line outside anymore? Our last Regal cruise there was no real line outside the terminal and it took us about 5 minutes to check in once at the desk. I was wondering at the time if it was just a fluke or something.
I suppose it makes it easier for the people working at the terminal at the expense of eliminating a perk for the Platinum/Elite/Suite people.
Assuming that people don't have to queue up any longer outside the terminal it might be better/faster in the long run.
We'll see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
Melbourne ( Land of OZ )
341 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Quickest time from dropped at port to into cabin ( check-in, security, walking the length of ship ) 15 minutes

With priority we were able to drive onto the pier and be dropped right at the terminal, next priority check-in, then to security ( 5 minute wait ), so most of the time was walking..... ( port was Melbourne Australia )

Cheers Don
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Why didn't we go cruising before ???
Colorado
2,423 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by voljeep
when we've gotten to the port (PE) dropped off our 2 bags ($5 tip) and parked in the garage, the stress level goes to defcon 5 (lowest level)...
Funny - Defcon 5 is war-imminent, get ready to turn keys!
Florida
2,196 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Have you never seen WarGames, Joshua?

At DEFCON 5, the US forces are at the lowest state of readiness. This occurs when there is little Intel or evidence to suggest that the US or its allies are threatened. In other words, it means all is well on a general scale.

Tic-Tac-Toe