Bicycle riding in Bonaire

Grandmaanne7

We have rented e-bikes for the day in Bonaire and plan on doing the Southern part of the island. I understand that the road is all paved and quite flat. Has anyone done this before? Is it fairly safe? (I have been to Bonaire only once before and can't remember how crazy the drivers are there.) We are also planning to stop at Lac Bay for a swim. Is there a safe place to leave our bikes or should we skip that idea? Thanks for any input.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I biked Bonair couple years ago. Left port headed south saw some flamingos on edge of town then headed along shore past salt flalts and slave huts. Hardly any traffic at all. Went to lighthouse and back. nice flat ride but very warm bring water.

My wife and I biked Bonair couple years ago. Left port headed south saw some flamingos on edge of town then headed along shore past salt flalts and slave huts. Hardly any traffic at all. Went to lighthouse and back. nice flat ride but very warm bring water.

Thank you. This is the information that I was looking for. We have had to cancel this but will keep it in mind for the next visit to Bonaire.

• 8 months later...

Was back to Bonair in Feb 2017. Rented bikes again this time went west across island to Loc Bay. Traffic was kind of hectic in town but there was practically none in country side. Saw flamingos buy the hundreds also seeing the wind surfers in Loc Bay was great. Next time in Bonair I'll planning on going back and trying it myself. didn't have time this time didn't rent bikes until afternoon and had to get back to the ship.