Is Sunshine just a Carnival Joke!

Troller's

OMG! What is Carnival thinking with Destiny. Remove the aft lounge. Reduce the foward show lounge from 3 decks to 2. Remove the aft pool. And add god knows how many new cabins. Then pack all those people aboard. It looks bad on paper! We will have to see how it looks in real life. Who knows, maybe it will be the most popular ship yet!

Im wondering since the buffet area is already half the size of Conquest class's and is so overcrowded .. why add more cabins to add to the problem without enlarging the too small buffet area.

Thats what I think is a bit nuts.

Im wondering since the buffet area is already half the size of Conquest class's and is so overcrowded .. why add more cabins to add to the problem without enlarging the too small buffet area.

Arnt they expanding to where the sliding roof is

It looks like the pool/hot tub is being moved to the serenity

Looking at the deck plans, smokers are going to hate this design (cigar bar notwithstanding).

Open decks forward, all Serenity, can't smoke there.

Open deck aft, waterworks, can't really smoke there.

Midship, can't smoke by the Holy Hamburgers of Antioch.

If you smoke, better book a balcony.

Arnt they expanding to where the sliding roof is

It looks like the pool/hot tub is being moved to the serenity

That was my understanding of the buffet re-design as well. They're expanding the buffet back to the end of the ship, putting a new deck over it (where the retractable roof was) so that what used to be that balcony deck looking over the aft pool is now a full back deck -- upon which they're putting the waterworks.

The deck plans are a little small and hard to see, but thats what I made of it.

the Holy Hamburgers of Antioch.

:confused: Der Wienerschnitzel place in Antioch, CA will have a franchise on the Sunshine? Or is St. Ignatius going to run it for charity:D What happened to Santa Rosa's favorite nino?

OMG! What is Carnival thinking with Destiny. Remove the aft lounge. Reduce the foward show lounge from 3 decks to 2. Remove the aft pool. And add god knows how many new cabins. Then pack all those people aboard. It looks bad on paper! We will have to see how it looks in real life. Who knows' date=' maybe it will be the most popular ship yet![/quote']

The 3 deck serenity is darn good idea. I will never sail it as its not going to be local to me but it might work out for Carnival.

The 3 deck serenity is darn good idea. I will never sail it as its not going to be local to me but it might work out for Carnival.

It looks like the serenity deck will be forward Almost a continuation of the lido deck.

I do like the idea as well

These kinds of Carnival decisions will continue to occur while Carnival has their finger off the pulse of their customer.

Yep, and every day, Carnival turns more and more into a quantity not quality cruise line. At some point, these overcrowded ships are going to be their downfall.

I also like the idea of the three deck serenity. I'm now contemplating going to NOLA for a cruise on her next year. Even though I absolutely hate the name. What was wrong with Destiny? But, with my son going to college at Tulane and free flights, it's definitely a possibility that the wife and I will book.

I also like the idea of the three deck serenity. I'm now contemplating going to NOLA for a cruise on her next year. Even though I absolutely hate the name. What was wrong with Destiny? But, with my son going to college at Tulane and free flights, it's definitely a possibility that the wife and I will book.

Ill cruise on her. Im not picky. Ill cruise on any ship. Anything is better than a Navy ship:D

The deck plans show that they are expanding the buffet.

There will be way too many pax for the otherwise reduced public spaces, though. They're also not adding any additional crew to accommodate the ~400 additional pax. Wisdom says to stay away from Sunshine.

Looking at the deck plans, smokers are going to hate this design (cigar bar notwithstanding).

Open decks forward, all Serenity, can't smoke there.

Open deck aft, waterworks, can't really smoke there.

Midship, can't smoke by the Holy Hamburgers of Antioch.

If you smoke, better book a balcony.

Where did you find deck plans for Sunshine?

Where did you find deck plans for Sunshine?

They're available on Carnival.com. Click "Ships & Staterooms", select "Carnival Sunshine", then close the pop-over that blocks the screen. The deck plans are there. the decks are not named, but they are numbered.

Archived