Carnival to raise steakhouse price

ilovemom

Hi there!

We’re sure you are looking forward to your cruise. So, we thought we’d take a moment to provide you some information regarding our Steakhouses.

The cover charge at our Steakhouses will increase to $35.00 per person with voyages departing August 1, 2012, and onward. We do have your confirmed dinner reservation, and look forward to serving you on board !

While decisions like these are never easy, we hope you will understand that this increase is necessary in order to offset higher food costs. Our steakhouses continue to offer exceptional cuisine in elegant and memorable surroundings and remain an outstanding value.

We thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you aboard and the opportunity to provide a FUN and memorable cruise experience.

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f403288%5fALhFv9EAAUTHT9eOjglkKUDRVNk&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeoSincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Hi there!

We’re sure you are looking forward to your cruise. So, we thought we’d take a moment to provide you some information regarding our Steakhouses.

The cover charge at our Steakhouses will increase to $35.00 per person with voyages departing August 1, 2012, and onward. We do have your confirmed dinner reservation, and look forward to serving you on board !

While decisions like these are never easy, we hope you will understand that this increase is necessary in order to offset higher food costs. Our steakhouses continue to offer exceptional cuisine in elegant and memorable surroundings and remain an outstanding value.

We thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you aboard and the opportunity to provide a FUN and memorable cruise experience.

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f403288%5fALhFv9EAAUTHT9eOjglkKUDRVNk&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeoSincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

This is old news.

Yes, old news but to me GOOD news!

I dislike rising costs as much as the next guy, but I hate CUTS even more. It's about darn time CCL raised their price on something so that nothing (hopefully) had to be cut. At the rate they are going (not with scissors but with a huge AXE) I just don't know what's going to be left.

I dislike rising costs as much as the next guy, but I hate CUTS even more. It's about darn time CCL raised their price on something so that nothing (hopefully) had to be cut. At the rate they are going (not with scissors but with a huge AXE) I just don't know what's going to be left.

Unbelievable! A new and different and great attitude! It is nice to see someone find the good in something here. I have to agree with your assessment. It is better to have to pay a bit more than to lose something all together!

Unbelievable! A new and different and great attitude! It is nice to see someone find the good in something here. I have to agree with your assessment. It is better to have to pay a bit more than to lose something all together!

The way to look at it is this: (because you wouldn'tlose it altogether)

Do you want to pay $5 more ($35) to keep the food/service the same quality (which already has been cut some since the Supper Clubs first appeared on CCL)

OR do you want to keep paying $30 and get service that isn't as efficient/good and food of lesser quality??

I don't want to pay $30 for 'crap'. I'd rather pay $35 and get something good.

makes sense, right? :)

i would have also been happy if they raised the price, yet kept the same level if food quality and service. and I've been seeing the opposite reported, that service is down, rudeness has appeared, and they have lowered the quality of foods, and eliminated what i thought was the most popular item in what they needed to call, the "steakhouse".

it really disturbs me when i read some, and not all it seem, sh's are serving two smaller tails instead of one larger, some people claiming that they are better in the mdr, and you can have as many as you want.

and yes, op, old news, but missing that some have been grandfathered at the old price.

i would have also been happy if they raised the price, yet kept the same level if food quality and service. and I've been seeing the opposite reported, that service is down, rudeness has appeared, and they have lowered the quality of foods, and eliminated what i thought was the most popular item in what they needed to call, the "steakhouse".

it really disturbs me when i read some, and not all it seem, sh's are serving two smaller tails instead of one larger, some people claiming that they are better in the mdr, and you can have as many as you want.

and yes, op, old news, but missing that some have been grandfathered at the old price.

I can say that it is an absolute TRUTH that the food/service in the SH is NOT what it once was...

But to see it decline even more would have been horrendous.

The way to look at it is this: (because you wouldn'tlose it altogether)

Do you want to pay $5 more ($35) to keep the food/service the same quality (which already has been cut some since the Supper Clubs first appeared on CCL)

OR do you want to keep paying $30 and get service that isn't as efficient/good and food of lesser quality??

I don't want to pay $30 for 'crap'. I'd rather pay $35 and get something good.

makes sense, right? :)

In April on the Glory service was awful in the supper club and steaks were not what we had in the past.

3 plus hours for dinner and never saw waiter after entres were delivered or we would have had the privelege of waiting for several new steaks.

Hopefully that was a one time thing.

When did this come about? I have heard nothing about this' date=' and I'm on these boards every day![/quote']

Last week??? It likely got lost in all the fuss over the loyalty program

In April on the Glory service was awful in the supper club and steaks were not what we had in the past.

3 plus hours for dinner and never saw waiter after entres were delivered or we would have had the privelege of waiting for several new steaks.

Hopefully that was a one time thing.

Our last experience in the SH wasn't bad...but it didn't knock my socks off like it used to.

We had a table of 14 people so dinner did take 3 hours but that is understandable and long meals do not bother me...I prefer them as I hate feeling rushed.

The food however was a little disappointing. It was still worth paying extra for (comparing to the mdr) but nothing CCL offers now will compare to my first 'surcharge' dining experience on CCL's Supper Club.

I suppose those that take advantage of the "pay for dining" meals won't balk at 5 bucks more. We eat out about twice a month and even here in tourist country I'd be hardpressed to fine a meal at the cost of 35.00 a plate ( just my region I understand, as opposed to the coasts). We figure every meal on a cruise is dining out and wouldn't even consider having to pay for a meal, though in Port we pay for several meals to try local cuisine.

I will say on my last cruise aboard the Legend in January, every night we passed the Steakhouse and 90% of the time saw very very few people. I wonder if they raised the price because with tight times less folks are willing to drop 30 bucks on a meal?

I also doubt 5 bucks more will guarantee better service and better food, the 5 is just keepin g up with added inflation I guess?

Still, to those who dine there, keep it up, it may keep cruise prices lower for those of us who don't splurge more after splurging for a cruise

I suppose those that take advantage of the "pay for dining" meals won't balk at 5 bucks more. We eat out about twice a month and even here in tourist country I'd be hardpressed to fine a meal at the cost of 35.00 a plate ( just my region I understand, as opposed to the coasts). We figure every meal on a cruise is dining out and wouldn't even consider having to pay for a meal, though in Port we pay for several meals to try local cuisine.

We actually eat out less than that regularly unless we have a gift card to use. But this is vacation and while I might balk at that at home, I will probably make a reservation there when we cruise next fall.

I will say on my last cruise aboard the Legend in January, every night we passed the Steakhouse and 90% of the time saw very very few people. I wonder if they raised the price because with tight times less folks are willing to drop 30 bucks on a meal?

Sorry, but this does not even make sense? If folks are less willing to drop $30 on a meal, why would they drop $35?

I also doubt 5 bucks more will guarantee better service and better food, the 5 is just keepin g up with added inflation I guess?

Still, to those who dine there, keep it up, it may keep cruise prices lower for those of us who don't splurge more after splurging for a cruise

As I said, we will probably try out the steakhouse on the Conquest when we cruise again next fall. It sounds good for the most part and it would be a nice change. After all, as I said above - it is vacation!

1) I agree. $5 more ill not make anything better. BUT it may keep it from getting worse...which at this point in the direction CCL is going with the cuts, is a good thing.

2) I don't think what people pay for the Steak House does anything for your basic cruise rate. AND if the CCL cruisers who do (as you say) 'splurge' all wind up splurging on other lines and what is left on CCL are the people who don't splurge (like yourself) then that's a real conundrum isn't it?? Because then no one will be eating in the steak house.

It may already be an issue...we EASILY got a table for 14 people on two nights at the time we wanted with no problem and the place had very little people in it on both nights.

I have never eaten in the steak house with it full....

actually, it's $35 on top of the paid uneaten meal and tip in the mdr.

As I said, we will probably try out the steakhouse on the Conquest when we cruise again next fall. It sounds good for the most part and it would be a nice change. After all, as I said above - it is vacation!

You said "Sorry, but this does not even make sense? If folks are less willing to drop $30 on a meal, why would they drop $35? ", I believe askmidog was saying they had to raise the price to make up for the revenue lost from people not booking the steakhouse because of tight times.

Okay, so here's a question to the experienced cruisers- would you recommend the steakhouse to a new CCL cruiser and say that it is definitely worth $35 pp?

1)

It may already be an issue...we EASILY got a table for 14 people on two nights at the time we wanted with no problem and the place had very little people in it on both nights.

I have never eaten in the steak house with it full....

we are early eaters, but we have never seen more than 4 or 5 other tables being used, and some are ships staff.

most interesting is how much less space they are designanting on their new ships. i supposed the current carnival cruiser doesn't appreciate these establishments.

I personally would (and do) recommend it. My husband and son arent happy they took away the 24 oz porterhouse. I agree the service did seem different each time we went. $5 isn't much of an increase. Heck our local VFW just raised their monthly steak fry from $10 to $15. We enjoyed the experience of the Chef's table more so we might skip the Steakhouse all together.

My first thought when I got that email was "What the heck?!", but then the more I thought about it, no big deal. It's only $10 more, and this will be our anniversary dinner (which we usually spend about $120 for at home), so I'm okay with the increase.

Hopefully we have a good experience here!

You said "Sorry, but this does not even make sense? If folks are less willing to drop $30 on a meal, why would they drop $35? ", I believe askmidog was saying they had to raise the price to make up for the revenue lost from people not booking the steakhouse because of tight times.

Okay, so here's a question to the experienced cruisers- would you recommend the steakhouse to a new CCL cruiser and say that it is definitely worth $35 pp?

if your palate appreciates prime over choice, sure, i would try it once.

but they have outpriced themselves for me, as for the price of 2 dinners, i can get a full day of cruising with 3 meals, entertainment, and a room with a bed in it.

absolutely. :)

i supposed the current carnival cruiser doesn't appreciate these establishments.

I think you may be correct.

I'm wondering if CCL isn't shooting themselves in the foot, marketing to people who demand a cheap fare and possibly/likely won't spend all kinds of money on board?????????:confused:

It will be interesting to see how this goes for them over the next couple years......

Our last experience in the SH wasn't bad...but it didn't knock my socks off like it used to.

We had a table of 14 people so dinner did take 3 hours but that is understandable and long meals do not bother me...I prefer them as I hate feeling rushed.

The food however was a little disappointing. It was still worth paying extra for (comparing to the mdr) but nothing CCL offers now will compare to my first 'surcharge' dining experience on CCL's Supper Club.

We took a 5 30 reservation as we had our 1 year old grandson and figured the earlier the better and we were the first ones in the steakhouse.

Took forever to get our entres and must say the waiter was offering service much worse than anything we had ever seen in the DR. First time no tip was added to the bill.

Complained to manager to get our entres and they came out shortly after but never saw waiter again and manager never bothered to come over to our table afterward.

Never did get many of the sides we ordered either. Complained to manager on the way out but that was useless and than complained on email comment card with no response.

Only time we did not have excellent experience in steakhouse on the 4 occasions we have visited there.

Notsure what we will do on our next cruise but sure looking forward to Brazilian steakhouse on NCL. icon7.gif

We took a 5 30 reservation as we had our 1 year old grandson and figured the earlier the better and we were the first ones in the steakhouse.

Took forever to get our entres and must say the waiter was offering service much worse than anything we had ever seen in the DR. First time no tip was added to the bill.

Complained to manager to get our entres and they came out shortly after but never saw waiter again and manager never bothered to come over to our table afterward.

Never did get many of the sides we ordered either. Complained to manager on the way out but that was useless and than complained on email comment card with no response.

Only time we did not have excellent experience in steakhouse on the 4 occasions we have visited there.

Notsure what we will do on our next cruise but sure looking forward to Brazilian steakhouse on NCL. icon7.gif

Stu, when is your NCL cruise?? I am looking forward to hearing what you think!

Archived