coffee card question

I have. Used it on several ships (except one, where it was not accepted). One ship wrote the ship name on it, which diminished the future value.

Most of the ships now include the name & voyage number on them.

This hasn't seemed to affect the asking price on eBay since many people don't know about the unlimited brewed coffee & tea option.

Most of the ships now include the name & voyage number on them.

This hasn't seemed to affect the asking price on eBay since many people don't know about the unlimited brewed coffee & tea option.

If you purchase one on eBay and write in the name and voyage yourself, the tea and brewed coffee is only good on that sailing but the punches are still good for future cruises if they go unused, correct?

If you purchase one on eBay and write in the name and voyage yourself, the tea and brewed coffee is only good on that sailing but the punches are still good for future cruises if they go unused, correct?

That's correct but why write in the name & voyage yourself? If you leave it blank they might not say a word & it'll be good for unlimited tea and brewed coffee in the future if not used.

Let them fill it in if they choose.

I bought a coffee card on the Star in mid-November, using only 8-punches. I tried using the card on the Emerald a week later where it was rejected each time I presented it to the barista. My card was marked with the ship name, cruise number, and cabin number at the time of purchase. So it appears in at least this instance the coffee card is good for a single cruise.

I board the Star again tomorrow. I will try to use it again and advise what I find. Cheers!

I bought a coffee card on the Star in mid-November, using only 8-punches. I tried using the card on the Emerald a week later where it was rejected each time I presented it to the barista. My card was marked with the ship name, cruise number, and cabin number at the time of purchase. So it appears in at least this instance the coffee card is good for a single cruise.

I board the Star again tomorrow. I will try to use it again and advise what I find. Cheers!

The card will not be valid for regular coffee/tea (unlimited value). You can still use the unpunched coffees until they are used up.

You should have called his manager to correct the barista. He was definitely wrong in not letting you use the card's punches. No matter where and when you obtained the card it should at least have been punched for your order although the brewed coffee is no longer an unlimited option.

Thank you for your reply. Just off the Star, where I originally purchased the CC. As you recall, the Emerald would not honor the unused specialty punches. Back on the Star there was no problem with either regular coffee or unused specialty punches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply. Just off the Star, where I originally purchased the CC. As you recall, the Emerald would not honor the unused specialty punches. Back on the Star there was no problem with either regular coffee or unused specialty punches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for reporting back. Hope you had a nice cruise!

We are leaving the Royal today. DH brought his old coffee card and did not have any problems using it for cappuccino in the dining room. We also got two new coffee cards for trading in a minibar setup. They did come filled in with the ship's name and voyage number. I used them for the free specialty teas.

Yesterday afternoon, the server in the gelato place told me that starting with this cruise, they no longer honored a punch for gelato. I told him they had earlier in the cruise, so he let me use it one more time. So apparently it's something that is in the process of being done away with.

The card will not be valid for regular coffee/tea (unlimited value). You can still use the unpunched coffees until they are used up.

Sometimes. I had the same experience as the above poster, albeit on a different ship. Accurate statement: "USUALLY the unused punches can be used on a subsequent voyage."

I think that's not correct & the rep misunderstood. The old cards are good forever although the unlimited brewed coffee is only given with a punch unless the cards are not filled in with a ships name & voyage.

If anything the value of the old cards will increase when they don't issue the cards in the future after the Medallions are in full operation.

There are literally thousands of coffee cards out there both used & unused & Princess can't afford the bad press to not honor them when they expressively sold them with the intent to use them forever.

Will you be able to load the equivalent of a coffee card on your medallion or will they not give you a coffee deal at all anymore?

Will you be able to load the equivalent of a coffee card on your medallion or will they not give you a coffee deal at all anymore?

It's to early to tell all the small details right now.

Since the card info is stored on their system I'm guessing there won't be any cardboard cards handed out any longer. This will eliminate selling & passing cards to others for unlimited brewed coffee.

Has anyone actually used the coffee cards bought on eBay?

Of course, Elite captains Circle members swap their free minibar for 2 coffee cards and then sell them on Ebay. Its not like they are fake as far as I know.

I only see 2 people selling them today on eBay. (unsigned)

There must be a shortage of them to go around. ;)

I just got 4 cards on Pacific Princess this month , but they do have the ships name written on the back, no voyage number though so they are great for anyone going on Pacific Princess, they can be used for the free brewed coffee, and that's great as the regular buffet coffee is dreadful on Pacific P.

Other than that I only have a few of the old style ones left, I have been cruising other lines more recently so haven't got so many coffee cards.

Maybe this is a good time to put them on Ebay?