getting the shipboard credit for carnival stock ownership

Knickearth

Since faxing has become a little old fashioned these days I've been scanning my docs and sending them that way to an e mail address for Carnival cruises.

it sounds like you guys on Princess are still faxing so does anyone scan and send that way???

Do you have an email instead of a fax number??

fax is secure. fax transmissions can be logged as the receiver acknowledges receipt at end. email does neither of those. I will not email my personal information. As recipient it is always risky opening email attachments especially from many unknown sources. A fax cannot contain a virus,(well it could if electronically transmitted but I am speaking of phone line (gasp) transmissions, so aside from a possible paper cut, it is safe. new is not always better. Edited by YoHoHo

I always fax it in. I use one number to send the fax and then about an hour later I call the second number to verify they have received my fax and they apply it immediately at that point. I would call Princess. If they don't have it then send a fax. You can send a free fax online using Fax Zero. I've used it and it works fine.

https://faxzero.com/

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Office Hours for phoning Booking Support are 6:00am to 5:00pm PT, Mon-Fri.

You should do it yourself. I don't know your TA, but I do know this...last sunday I faxed my docs to Princess, they were credited to my next cruise (1/7/18) last Tuesday.

Something is amiss.

Possibly your TA did not include all of the pertinent data so that Princess could process your request.

As I said, do it yourself. Use http://faxzero.com right from your PC or Mac.

Agree. Don't leave it to someone else. They are busy selling and booking trips.

A few years ago Princess stopped doing the email for Shareholders / Have to fax or snail mail only.

Actually the fax or surface mail direction came from Carnival Corp., not the cruise line, but the main corporation that holds all of the various members of the family.

Obviously they don't police the members on this issue as reports vary as to which lines accept fax and mail and which ones accept email attachments.

Other than stock appreciation and dividends. Wish I had sprung for an extra 100 in wife's account when we got them. I would be twice as happy now as I am with the 100.

Sorry but you only get credit for the first 100 after that there is no benefit unless you each have your own cabin.

Sorry but you only get credit for the first 100 after that there is no benefit unless you each have your own cabin.

Would you rather have bought 100 shares at say...$19.00 or 200 shares at $19.00?

Pretty sure that is what the poster had in mind.

I can see being twice as happy. :cool:

I really hate to admit this but it may help you.

I had a similar situation a couple of months ago.

I faxed them in about three times and waited and waited.

I finally called Princess and the CSR stayed on the phone while I faxed it again.

When she said nothing came I finally realized that I had been faxing them in UPSIDE DOWN!!! :o:o:o

(They had been receiving blank pieces of paper)

So I confessed how stupid I felt, faxed it in right-side up and had the credit in about 10 minutes.

I loved this!!!!

I think we've all done something like this - I know I have!

UPDATE. 2 days ago we finally got the shipboard :Dcredit. As of today we are 15 days from cruising.

We are leaving within a month on a long cruise. Sent in copy of stock ownership over a month ago. Still not showing up on my account. Anyone else having similar problem.

Of course, haven't gotten assigned a cabin yet (paid for guarantee cabin), but this doesn't surprise me. The stock thing does.

I had an issue recently not knowing if they got the fax. I waited a few days and called Customer Service. They appeared to check and told me to re-fax as it wasn't received. We did it and then called back. The customer rep we got then just gave me the line that it can take x days etc. Said no way to check. They transferred me to customer relations. That rep gave me her personal fax number and I faxed it to her while on the phone with her. She applied it immediately.

There must be an epidemic of lost fax electrons. I have had exactly the same experience - twice. From my experience, if it doesn't show up on your account in 5-7 business days the form either wasn't received, processed or lost - regardless of your fax receipt. I have called Princess directly, sent a fax with the customer representative nearby to "catch" the fax, and my account was posted by day's end as promised.

IMHO, there is no reason why Princess can not accept PDFs e-mailed to a dedicated address. It is 2018: Faxes? Really?

Would you rather have bought 100 shares at say...$19.00 or 200 shares at $19.00?

Pretty sure that is what the poster had in mind.

I can see being twice as happy. :cool:

Exactly - except I didn't act when it was quite that cheap. If we did have the extra 100, we would also have the option if we ever needed two cabins, such as one of our daughters coming along on a trip. I will buy more if there is a significant dip in the market. I have felt things are pretty hot right now and I don't want to buy at a high and we don't need the benefit at this time.

Can anyone suggest the best way to buy shares in the UK please?

I have no idea if it is the best way and it does not come with an endorsement or recommendation but maybe have a look at equiniti

We used them as against a stockbroker or bank (not even sure if banks still have share services)

Another advantage you may find useful is that they are (I believe) also the registrars for CCL (London)

• 3 years later...