Has anyone ever had a Rum Runner confiscated?

File13

I don't use them, here is what i do and it works all the time.

in ports I use the buy 2-3 turn in 1 method. This is how it goes.

1-Take a backback off the ship with you.

2-Buy 2-3 bottles put then in the bag seperated with paper or a towel so they don't clang

3-get back on during a busy time, when they xray the bag and see booze they will tell you to "go over there and turn them in"

4- first try to walk right past the booze natzi table and right up the stairs (they are usually busy).

if that fails, put the bag on the floor (not the table!!!) reach in pull out ONE bottle turn it in, and take the rest to the room.

It has worked 100% of the time for me on 5 cruise lines and 10 cruises.

For embarkation day smuggling I refill green or brown wine bottles with my favorite spirit, recork and get some heat shrink seals from the local wine making store. Place the seal over the cork and invert in a cup of boiling water. Then take them on as wine in your carry-on. this also works every time.

Depending on the port and the crew you never know what may happen. Once I boarded the Ship in Ocho Rios with a box of 3 bottles of rum and went to turn them in at the liquor table. He told me to just take them to my room. I didn't argue.

For embarkation day smuggling I refill green or brown wine bottles with my favorite spirit, recork and get some heat shrink seals from the local wine making store. Place the seal over the cork and invert in a cup of boiling water. Then take them on as wine in your carry-on. this also works every time.

You are a sly devil! I like that. This I will try.:cool:

As carrying liquor, other than one bottle of wine per passenger, is prohibited I'd never carry alcohol in my Rum Runners but I do carry a considerable amount of tea and juices...

IMG_1357.jpg

On our recent adventure on the Carnival Ecstasy I had forgotten to take two eight ounce Rum Runners out of my laptop bag, which I always carry on board with me. Those two in addition to the Rum Runners containing my other juices and such made it to my cabin unscathed.

I've never had an issue with Rum Runners...

:)

You are a sly devil! I like that. This I will try.:cool:

They're are nay sayers about this working, but I've done it many times and it has worked every time. The worst that can happen is they confiscate the bottle(s) and you get them back at the end of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

As carrying liquor, other than one bottle of wine per passenger, is prohibited I'd never carry alcohol in my Rum Runners but I do carry a considerable amount of tea and juices...

IMG_1357.jpg

On our recent adventure on the Carnival Ecstasy I had forgotten to take two eight ounce Rum Runners out of my laptop bag, which I always carry on board with me. Those two in addition to the Rum Runners containing my other juices and such made it to my cabin unscathed.

Mach, nice collection of "tea".

Very impressive.

OSJ

IMG_1357.jpg

Is that Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe teas I see....

Those are my favorites.....LOL.....:p

I've never come across a local wine making store. I'll have to go on a mission now in search of shrink wrap seals. Any suggestions?

Why do Rum runners get through fine and actual liquor bottles get flagged/confiscated?

1. The x-ray machine picks up the glass bottle not the plastic?

or

2. The cruise lines collectively own the company that markets and sells the rum runners?

I was going to do the wine thing too. Making sure that I use the green chardonnay bottles that won't look funny when filled with clear "tea", as it might look suspicious if a bottle of zin is not red! I then planned to seal the corks with wax from a candle as many wines are sealed that way these days!

Why do Rum runners get through fine and actual liquor bottles get flagged/confiscated?

or

2. The cruise lines collectively own the company that markets and sells the rum runners?

could be the cruise lines are more concerned with the passengers having glass bottles on board than they are about the booze? thats the pattern that i see, but who knows. i'm only guessing.

mayfinally have my own tea party upcoming sailing...1st time for everything;), found out there's a walgreens next to my hotel that stocks it...an omen if i ever saw one.:) Heck, i can't even buy it in grocery store in PA.

does it help to protect the tea from the man to swaddle it in towel or nestled in toiletry case?

or do u just lay it in unlocked suitcase, loud & proud, hoping they're only digging thru locked bags?

or

We always get the plastic travel bottles of whatever we want to take, wrap them up in a shirt, unzip the inside bottom of our suitcase above where the roller handles are and stick them there. Never had a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: If the rum runners are detected and confiscated, I assume they are discarded and not returned since they would be considered an open container?

Comments?

Thanks in advance.

Archived