coffee card question

Our daughter will be taking her 1st Princess cruise with me in Oct. She may use some of her OBC for a coffee card. I have no coffee card experience. Where would she go to buy it? This will be a 25 day cruise. Does that figure into what kind of card she should buy? How does it work? Any info. greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Our daughter will be taking her 1st Princess cruise with me in Oct. She may use some of her OBC for a coffee card. I have no coffee card experience. Where would she go to buy it? This will be a 25 day cruise. Does that figure into what kind of card she should buy? How does it work? Any info. greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Purchase it at the Coffee Bar near the International Café .

Only one type of card . 15 punches for Specialty Drinks and Unlimited Brewed Coffee from there .

If she wants more than 15 Specialty Drinks , buy another card.

If you have OBC purchase the card for her with your on board account. The card punches, 15 of them, can be used by anyone. The unlimited brewed coffee & tea option is supposed to be for the holder only. If she drinks lots of espresso drinks she may require two cards for a 25 day cruise. Unused punches can be used on any future Princess cruise, so save cards that are not totally used up.

I hate to be another to throw this in, but we too have had luck purhasing on ebay. Just make sure it is a reputable seller.

You can save $10.00-plus per card.

Each card has 15 punches, so for a 25 day cruise, you might want to go for two cards.

One would have been plenty for us on our last one-week cruise, but then I discovered the Green Tea Fruit Drinks!!!

That would be a nice gift in a Bon-Voyage card, or Christmas/Birthday

Other useless info. Don't run the coffee card through the washer as it doesn't hold up real well.:loudcry:

In addition to unlimited brewed coffee, she can get a variety of special hot teas.

Oh Ya... If she has any questions about the usage of the card (what is included) ASK the Service Person.

On our last cruise the library and the internet cafe were in the same room. I heard a woman tell the tech person that she had used her coffee card as a bookmark and had forgotten to remove it from the book when she returned the book to the library. She was wondering if anyone had turned in her coffee card. Kind of sad. :(

Oh no!

Talked to Princess, effective November 1st. previous cards are not usable.

However, Princess agent said don’t throw the old ones away just yet

I don't believe this. If this were really happening on the ships, we would have read about it.

On our last cruise the library and the internet cafe were in the same room. I heard a woman tell the tech person that she had used her coffee card as a bookmark and had forgotten to remove it from the book when she returned the book to the library. She was wondering if anyone had turned in her coffee card. Kind of sad. :(

We also misplaced once our coffee card. The Barista advised us that it is better to write our name on the card just in case it is found by someone else willing to return to its owner.

Oh no!

Effective November 20th, I used an old card on a princess ship.

Several actually, as they ran out of punches.

Oh no!

I think that's not correct & the rep misunderstood. The old cards are good forever although the unlimited brewed coffee is only given with a punch unless the cards are not filled in with a ships name & voyage.

If anything the value of the old cards will increase when they don't issue the cards in the future after the Medallions are in full operation.

There are literally thousands of coffee cards out there both used & unused & Princess can't afford the bad press to not honor them when they expressively sold them with the intent to use them forever.

Has anyone actually used the coffee cards bought on eBay?

We plan to soon. I have them in hand and they are the real thing - or identical to the real thing. IDK their provenance and it does seem odd that one of the sellers has a seemingly unending supply. I have NP filling out the card myself, but it is reported on various threads here that Elites sometime receive them filled out and sometimes blank (swap for free mini bar setup).

I have, once...

And now have two in hand for our next cruise.

They seem to be authentic/legit.

We are so looking forward to it!

I believe that it so happened that the person I bought the first one from is actually a reputable CC poster.

I am not sure who we bought these two from, but I do not think they are a seller with a large supply.

The seller has excellent ratings, which would not last long if they were selling bogus merchandise.

I have, once...

And now have two in hand for our next cruise.

They seem to be authentic/legit.

We are so looking forward to it!

I believe that it so happened that the person I bought the first one from is actually a reputable CC poster.

I am not sure who we bought these two from, but I do not think they are a seller with a large supply.

The seller has excellent ratings, which would not last long if they were selling bogus merchandise.

Precisely. I felt the same way. Order and delivery was quick and smooth about a month or so ago.