Princess Cays snorkeling

crisp1

• 2 months later...
Did you go? Was it good?

I didn't snorkel, but saw a bunch who did- water is very calm because of the jetties- and there are life guards posted on the jetties. It's also easier to find lounges in the shade on this side. There are food carts and a pavilion too

Hi!

I had a WONDERFUL time enjoying the beach day at Princess Cays. I went all the way to the end of the beach to the right as you exit the tenders. I have seen it marked as "Little Bay" on some maps, others note it as "swimming/snorkeling area". There weren't many people at this part of the beach, and as another poster mentioned, there were loungers in the shade! I found the snorkeling good in the morning (high tide), but when I tried to go back in the afternoon the water was too shallow. Pay attention to the tide and I think that will help. I saw some interesting fish, including a flounder while swimming around. It's nothing like some areas I have been too, but it's great for beginners as the water is shallow and calm. Very clear too. Enjoy your visit!

Hi!

I had a WONDERFUL time enjoying the beach day at Princess Cays. I went all the way to the end of the beach to the right as you exit the tenders. I have seen it marked as "Little Bay" on some maps, others note it as "swimming/snorkeling area". There weren't many people at this part of the beach, and as another poster mentioned, there were loungers in the shade! I found the snorkeling good in the morning (high tide), but when I tried to go back in the afternoon the water was too shallow. Pay attention to the tide and I think that will help. I saw some interesting fish, including a flounder while swimming around. It's nothing like some areas I have been too, but it's great for beginners as the water is shallow and calm. Very clear too. Enjoy your visit!

Awesome! It will be my boys' second time, and the first was here in Florida, so they will love it if they even see one fish! Thanks! I'll head right!

Just did this. We walked to left? I believe all the way to the little pier thing.. snorkeling off the beach there was really good. very easy to do and I was amazed and the number and variety of fish we saw right at the end of the pier thing. It was very comfortable and the water was probably never more than 10 feet deep, although it looked like about 2 feet as it was so clear. We did wear snorkel vests (which you are asked to do) rented at the little stand there. I felt very safe and comfortable and am not a strong swimmer and also am no longer young :-) I really enjoyed it and would do it again. This spot was recommended to us by one of the workers in the info area.