What's the best thing you've eaten on an NCL cruise?

jeepers13

Lunch - Cajun grouper sandwich (served with caramelized onions and spicy dill mayo on a pretzel roll). So GOOD!

Dinner - Argentinian skirt steak with chimichurri...mmmmm.

O'Sheehan's - Thai Chile Wings (if I'm on the Sun, then the regular wings from the Sports Bar).

Specialty - FILET DE PORC AU ROMARIN in the Le Bistro (not sure if it's still offered, but it was good).

Where did you find the Cajun Grouper? We're on the Bliss 7/28 and my son loves all things Cajun and he also likes fish, so that would be a win win for him!

On the Jewel: Lamb Shank in the Main Dinning Room

On the Gem: Fruits de Mer in Le Bistro (So sad this dish is gone, although there is an appetizer that is close)

On the Sun: Tomahawk Steak at Cagney's (Probably gone too :()

On the Dawn: Lunch in the Main Dining Room - Hummus, tomato soup, Fish on a pretzel roll, Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Honorable mention to the guacamole at Los Lobos.

And on every ship, I LOVE sailaway barbecues, pretzel rolls, and wings from the sports bar (extra crispy with the sauce on the side is the BEST!)

Where did you find the Cajun Grouper? We're on the Bliss 7/28 and my son loves all things Cajun and he also likes fish, so that would be a win win for him!

This is typically on the lunch menu that stays the same in all main dining rooms, and I think it's the same menu on all ships too. It IS a good sandwich. Typically the dining room is only open on sea days, I believe. I read a lot of dailies and menus on here, and that seems to be the case.

• Thanks 1

Where to start...

The 5 pepper tenderloin in Le Bistro

The chicken at the poolside BBQ

The crepes from the Gem buffet

Grilled Provolone at Moderno's salad bar

Grilled pineapple from Moderno's

But the best tasting and worst for me...the crispy, crackly, pork skin from the poolside BBQ. It was so good the one time they had it.2598df217ff601323061457fc3fcccf4.jpgd772d321ff82ffc1c7e489d635cda69e.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The main dining room lunch menu - sailaway day and sea days - I had it on both the Epic and Getaway, so I think it's fleet-wide.

Not a best, but a first and only for me. On my first cruise ever (in 2000 on the Sky to Alaska) they had menu themes in the MDR several nights, and one night it was "Norwegian." My meal appetizer was garnished with fresh sardines. I nervously tried them and was surprised to find I liked them! Funny the things that stick in the memory. Back then they still did the flaming baked Alaska parade through the dining room too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

• Thanks 1

My perfect meal would be the French onion soup from Le Bistro, the filet from Cagney’s with bearnaise, and the chocolate Napoleon from Le Bistro. Washed down with the Wasabi cocktail from the sushi place (which would not pair well AT ALL, but it’s soooo good!)

• 2 years later...

We were on Norwegian epic several years ago and had the Steamed mussels with Pernod fennel broth (moules poulette au pernod).  It was the only mussel recipe I’ve ever sucked every ounce of sauce off the shells.  The cool thing is is they had a cooking demonstration and they gave us the recipe.  The kicker is I recently  accidentally  lost the recipe and my wife had a conniption.  
Does anybody out there still have this recipe and would be willing to share it with me?  

PLEASE SAVE ME!!image.thumb.jpeg.fa6e44069d3f2206813c9f0fd0a553f2.jpeg

Thanks 

Edited by Bobessie