Pre-cruise concierge question

susique

I received a letter with the suite luggage tags. I did as well last December, sent an e-mail, did not get a confirmation. The requests were not in the cabin when we arrived, so I thought that maybe they did not get the e-mail.

It has been 3 weeks and I sent the message again asking for confirmation, but have not received a reply.

I must say , so far Im not a fan of the pre -concierge . I prefer to do all these things on board with the ships concierge and butler .

#1 it gives your concierge something to do for that tip you undoubtedly will be giving them at the end . Plus you may change your mind between then and now.

#2 Depending on what level of suite you are in , your butler will be handling a few things as well .. LIke the 3 bottles of booze in OS DOS GV . The list is rather short . Order through pre-concierge and thats your limit ( unless upcharge). Wait and ask your Butler for something Not on the list and your odds quadruple ( mine 100% so far).. So , I guess its a nice touch , but I'll wait.. ;)

Last July on the Jewel, we upgraded to a suite when prices dropped which was about 21 days out. I email my requests, did not receive a confirmation, but EVERYTHING on my list was completed. The butler and steward both came in as asked if everything was done to our liking.

I emailed the preconcierge without getting one from them first. I used the email in the letter sent with my luggage tags. I stayed in a suite the year before and never got an email. They definately did respond to me in aa day or two. Everything that I requested was done for me when I entered my suite and continued to be done throughout the week without me having to even mention it to my steward or butler.

If you want any special pillows ask for them from the preconcierge. They were out of them wwhen I requested one the first evening.

Enjoy your trip. I could never not stay in a suite because my husband won't go. He is spoiled and I love it too. He will also only do NCL.

Thanks everyone. My husband is spoiled, too. After our first suite, he keeps trying to upgrade to a higher one. We are know at the top of our budget. I do not think we will ever afford the Haven or Garden Villas. The pillows are what we are after. He his addicted to the navigation channel on the ship and his favorite place on board is in the comfortable bed.

I got the letter with the luggage tags, too, but called instead of e-mailing. I told her a couple of my requests, then she e-mailed me the form, but I never e-mailed the form back.

When we got to the suite check-in room, our concierge introduced herself and my request for Chef's Table had already been reserved. When I got to our cabin, our other requests had also been met.

We also got a letter with the luggage tags welcoming us, etc. and telling how to contact them. I waited until about 30 days out and emailed back and forth a couple times. In my case, each response took 3 - 5 days. Once I made the realization that the pre-cruise concierge is simply fielding all the requests and relaying them to each guest's particular onboard team it made sense. In my case - requests were taken care of. Hypoallergenic pillows for the kids was one of the things so I just wanted to be sure we could get them. In their final email response he said "Your concierge Ryan has confirmed that he has received your requests and that all will be taken care of". So the person I was emailing with was clearly waiting to hear a response from the ship. That makes me wonder if perhaps they sometimes don't get a confirmation or response from the ship concierge in a timely manner (or at all for whatever reason) and that's why some people don't get responses or don't have their requests fulfilled. (??) Just my speculation.

I asked our onboard concierge staff about this last week, as I was just curious how it worked and what they preferred for future reference. I was told that anything they can have and do in advance of us stepping onto the ship helps them plan better and thins out the onslaught of requests on the first days of each sailing. May not be true of them all, but this team was personally happy to get pre-cruise requests.

I must say , so far Im not a fan of the pre -concierge . I prefer to do all these things on board with the ships concierge and butler .

#1 it gives your concierge something to do for that tip you undoubtedly will be giving them at the end . Plus you may change your mind between then and now.

#2 Depending on what level of suite you are in , your butler will be handling a few things as well .. LIke the 3 bottles of booze in OS DOS GV . The list is rather short . Order through pre-concierge and thats your limit ( unless upcharge). Wait and ask your Butler for something Not on the list and your odds quadruple ( mine 100% so far).. So , I guess its a nice touch , but I'll wait.. ;)

Agree with you. It helps develop a rapor. And my gratefulness with those who help me by enhancing my cruise experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

does anyone know if you order some wine thru preconcierge if you need to supply credit card or if they will wait and charge to your ship account? I would also like to know if anyone was able to swap out the sparkling wine for something else via the preconcierge.

thanks in advance for any help

We, too, wondered how the staff felt about fielding these requests before passengers board, so we asked Juremar, our butler. He agreed that it makes embarkation day easier and knowing passengers' preferences was a plus.

We just had Juremar on the Sun last week, such a great butler!

In regards to the pre-consierge, I have always called with requests (like pillows, fridge cleared if we are not in an OS, bucket of beer etc) if it gets done before I get there great, if not I just ask when I get on ship. I figure I have a million things I am doing before I get on board that if I do request it beforehand or when I remember it just makes it easier for me to not ask for a 'million' things from the Consierge, Butler or Steward who are busy as anything on embarkartion day :)

We are cruising March 16th on the BA, got our pre-concierge letter on Jan. 17th, going to call them on Monday with a few requests/needs, however, last week I inquired about needing a bedrail for my MIL, 84, who has dementia and traveling with us. If NCL could not provide, I would need to purchase a portable bed rail, just to be safe, don't want any accidents onboard. And I received a confirmation that, yes, they can provide, and she already put the order in for us! Now that's what I'm talking about…! :)