QM2 ran out of wine!

Balloon Man

OK, slight exaggeration, but on our Southampton to Cape Town cruise in January three of the wines on my Commodore's list - leaving me to drink reds that would not have been my normal tipple - were "exhausted after 10 or so days." And so was Prosecco, which we like to drink with lunch. And this was in the Queen's Grill restaurant.

Strangely we could get Prosecco in the Queen's Grill bar for a while longer and then they also ran dry. I wonder what they were able to drink in Britannia?

And this was the first leg of a world cruise. The sommelier said they would pick-up "What they could" in Cape Town. So it has probably been Stellenbosch (which has a few fine wines) for the next leg to Australia.

Ok you save a little bit drinking wines you didn’t order and this happens often, not by me though, I’d rather drink what I want on the ship day by day.

Sadly not. I paid for the 12 bottles on-line from home. It was "drink what we have left". If there could have been a credit for undrunk(!) bottles nobody told me.

Hi Balloonman, here's an update on the Prosecco situation on QM2...there were only a couple of bottles of Prosecco left in the Britannia restaurant last night. Our sommelier said it would be replaced by a South African sparkling. They had already run out of the Prosecco in the alternative Coriander restaurant when we asked about it a few nights ago, and the replacement offered was the same South African sparkling wine. Interesting that the venues seem to keep their stocks separate.

Hello,

On RCI Navigator of the Seas' first Mediterranean cruise (2007/8 ?) they ran out of all red half bottles (can't remember when I last saw one listed). On Brilliance of the Seas we ran out of orange juice - off Seville!

On Celebrity Century & Celebrity Eclipse bottles not drunk from a package were handed out at the end of the cruise.

Regards,

Cublet