Golf Cart Adventure

TUNZAFUN

Our stop at Bonaire was made very enjoyable because of Bonaire Cruisers Golf Cart rentals. They made it possible for us to explore the island at our own pace stopping where we wanted for as long as we wanted. The golf carts were in tip top condition, full of gas and ready to go. After a great briefing about the routes and many points of interest we headed out on our adventure. We would highly recommend this excursion and would definitely do this again when next we return to the island.

How many hours did it take you to see all that you wanted to see? We have a cart reserved for our stop there in two weeks but we are only in port 12 to 7. Knowing we most likely won't get off and get the cart until on and would want to be back by 5 or 6, do we have enough time to see enough things? Thanks.

How many hours did it take you to see all that you wanted to see? We have a cart reserved for our stop there in two weeks but we are only in port 12 to 7. Knowing we most likely won't get off and get the cart until on and would want to be back by 5 or 6, do we have enough time to see enough things? Thanks.

We did the golf carts in October. It took us less than 5 hours to tour the whole Island, which included many, many stops for photo op's. (we even stopped for a bite to eat). As long as you are not going snorkeling or to hang out on a beach, you will have plenty of time. GREAT DAY!!!

We just got back from our cruise and also enjoyed our experience with Bonaire Cruisers. We opted to only do the Southern portion of the Island and to do lots of stops including a leisurely lunch at the Jibe Beach Club. We saw flamingos, wild donkeys, windsurfers and more. We toured from 10:30-3:00. We can highly recommend this company.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.....we are in Bonaire for the first time in March and thinking of doing this.

Can anyone tell me what the traffic is like?? Is it busy or relatively quiet?

Hubby worried it will be busy and being from UK (so expecting we will be driving on the wrong side of the road!!) He's a little apprehensive......plus he's worried about getting lost!!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!!

Hi.....we are in Bonaire for the first time in March and thinking of doing this.

Can anyone tell me what the traffic is like?? Is it busy or relatively quiet?

Hubby worried it will be busy and being from UK (so expecting we will be driving on the wrong side of the road!!) He's a little apprehensive......plus he's worried about getting lost!!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!!

Once you leave town there is very little traffic. Within town you would not want to drive around...but rather walk. The cart rental folks give you a decent map and will even mark out some of the better routes.

Hank

I was on a bus tour that encountered a group of golf carts in October. They don't maintain a very high speed and eventually the bus just blew past their little caravan. It was also a hot day and they didn't appear to have much protection from the sun.

Be careful, it's a vulnerable way to get around, not unlike being on a motorcycle in traffic.

Once you leave town there is very little traffic. Within town you would not want to drive around...but rather walk. The cart rental folks give you a decent map and will even mark out some of the better routes.

Hank

Thanks Hank......from what I could see roads looked simple enough outside of town......was just traffic levels!

Think this might be our Bonaire day!!

We picked up the golf cart around 9:00 am & brought it back around 2:30. We did most of our traveling going south. Lots of stops for taking pictures, when we retuned to the city we opted not to go north as we thought it was getting late. We thought we would park and walk around but couldn't find a spot to park. When we took the cart back they gave us a ride back to town so we could shop & eat. We had a great time, we were both tired at the end of the day, Bring sun screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Does Bonaire Cruisers take a credit card or do you need to have the cash for your rental?

We used cash to pay for the rental but then they wanted a credit card to run thru as a deposit.

Good luck it was so much fun. I would do it again in a heart beet.

The tendency for those with golf carts is to head South which is where you do find some decent snorkel opportunities, see the sea salt areas. etc. But the North (which is much less traveled by tourists) is also fascinating, quite beautiful, and much different then the South. We spent our afternoon (we had a very long port day) driving north where we went up along the Western coast until we neared the refinery...where we turned inland towards the town of Rincon. There is a National Park (with much natural beauty) where we drove along a large inland body of water that had many flamingos. In the town of Rincon (which is a pretty small and somewhat run-down place) we stopped at the Cadushy Distillery which is a small, but fascinating distillery where they make all kinds of small batch liquors, whiskeys, etc. After tasting some of their products we purchases some liquor made from cactus...that was very tasty.

Hank

• 1 month later...
Are the are the roads bumpy or is it a relatively smooth ride? My husband has fibromyalgia so we’re unsure if it’s bumpy in the golf carts.

I’d like to know the same thing. Having fibromyalgia sure changes how we travel and what I’m able to do now for excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d like to know the same thing. Having fibromyalgia sure changes how we travel and what I’m able to do now for excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s hard to book in advance as we have to wait to see how he feels that day. Hopefully being in the warm weather will help.

It’s hard to book in advance as we have to wait to see how he feels that day. Hopefully being in the warm weather will help.

With the carts, it is ok to book in advance even if you might not use them. There is no deposit and if you don't show up, they will rent yours to someone else without a reservation.

There are some very serious potholes due to the recent rains. I have never seen so many severe potholes in my life, but thankfully, they are getting repaired. If you're in a golf cart, I would watch the road very carefully on the roads going from town northward. The southern route where the golf carts tend to go (salt pans, slave huts, light house, Sorobon) don't seem to have as severe of a problem.

There are some very serious potholes due to the recent rains. I have never seen so many severe potholes in my life, but thankfully, they are getting repaired. If you're in a golf cart, I would watch the road very carefully on the roads going from town northward. The southern route where the golf carts tend to go (salt pans, slave huts, light house, Sorobon) don't seem to have as severe of a problem.

Thanks. How long ago was this. Do you think they’ll be fixed by the beginning of April?

I'm shocked at the progress they've made on this tiny island. Lots of potholes have been filled, and the entire intersection in front of the stadium (the main turn to go South) has been replaced with new material and looks great. The holes to the north are still there, but the progress they're making is impressive. Still, I've learned to be very attentive driving around here, if it's not potholes, it's someone trying to cross in front of you.